⸢ 18 ⸥

Eugene was again left alone.

Maybe I should just sleep?Or eat?Well people are like that,once they're bored and don't know what to do they neither eat nor sleep. Maybe doing both is fine too.

(A/N:Eating while sleeping,I want that kind of talent:>)

Thus,Eugene changed direction and decided to go back to servant quarters but turned again as he wanted to look for the library so he could have something to read to tire his eyes.

After a few steps he then suddenly stopped.

Ahh…..where's the library located? Realizing he didn't know he continued his walk hoping he could encounter someone to ask for directions.

Why didn't I think of reading books earlier?I mean I already thought about it but why did I forget?I missed the chance to ask the sister maid earlier. Sigh.

He wandered around and just followed his instinct by turning to the left or to the right. As he was about to give up and decided to go back and just sleep he finally bumped into someone.

Thank heavens I finally met someone.

Eyes lit up he strode his way towards the maid he saw,sweeping the dust on the floor. The floor was cold concrete just like the floor he mopped before but inside building hallways,the floor there had a carpet.

The maid sweeping the floor heard some footsteps so she stopped sweeping and raised her bow head to look up and saw a young man with a bright expression walking towards her, he was grinning from ear to ear.

Then she heard him ask.

"Sister,do you happen to know where the library is located?"

Sister maid thought for a moment and tried to find the directions from where she was standing to the library.

"Start from here, walk straight to that direction and when you see a lake then turn left then straight again after that you'll see a building with three floors and that's the library."

Eugene nodded and said his thanks while smiling which made Sister maid to also smile. When Eugene was finally gone the smiling maid went back to sweep the floor.

Moments later,Eugene finally reached where the library was.

He stepped inside, looked around while walking forward and noticed that the library was quiet. He meant that the library really needed to be quiet but this was really too much,even the sound of flipping book pages couldn't be heard.

When Eugene completely saw the whole library,the only person he saw after was an old lady. The old lady was wearing glasses with a chain hanging on his neck so it wouldn't fall. Holding a book. Sitting on he thought as a counter.

The counter was a place where the librarian was 

He quietly walked to look for books that he could read.

The library had bookshelves and even the stairs had a book that was placed between the steps. Oh,how nice.

Every book lover will naturally love this place if they see it.

Besides the steps between the stairs became a bookshelves,the walls were also full of books and if it could also be put on the ceiling then it wouldn't be weird if the library was from top to bottom full of books.

The old lady noticed the young who was looking around with an amazed expression on his face.

She adjusted the glasses she was wearing then put her gaze back at the book she was reading.

Eugene started to look for novels to read,he randomly pulled a book out and when he saw the title he immediately put it back then walked to the other side.

Don't ask what's the title,it wasn't suitable for kids.

In the first section where Eugene randomly chooses a book,it was where the book that was given back was being put so it didn't have a specific genre on its own.

The second section or shelves was about the history of the Empire,from how it was found and built to now in the present which Eugene skipped when he saw it.

The third was about the history of the Emperor,and next and next until he finally stopped and just picked a book again without even looking at its title then sat down on the nearby chair to read.

He read the book cover,it was a novel about a teenager who got reborn. The title was 'The Prince became Evil' which made Eugene get interested, thus he started to read. It's a good thing that he started to teach himself about this world's language so he could somehow understand what he was reading.

Time seems to fly so fast when you are focused on something,he was about to flip the page again when a voice was heard coming from his front.

"You actually like to read?"

He put down the book to see who it was,even though he already had an idea he still needed to make sure so in front of him was the Riel who always popped out of nowhere.

"Yes."

Eugene answered, the other asked if he could borrow to see what story it is and Eugene naturally lent it to him.

"A teenager who was reborn and became a child himself and was given a second chance to change his fate but instead of doing it he dragged the people who hurt him in the past to hell."

Riel mumbled to himself and then frowned. He gave the book back on Eugene's hand as he grumbled.

"What nonsense, reborn?"

"It's fiction,everything could happen. Even if the author of this book tells that the sun was rising in the west then it would naturally would."

The two then started to debate about the topic of rebirth and fiction.

"Quiet!"

The two then closed their mouths and shut up. They could only argue using their eyes but it wasn't effective at all as they couldn't understand what the other meant when his eyes were widening or narrowing or what but the two didn't give up.

_________
Author's Corner.

Somehow,I don't know what I am doing with this work anymore. I feel like I was only putting nonsense and the plot was a mess ahhhhhh!!!! *started to scream inside*