⸢ 56 ⸥

When he realized what he just said, Riel went silent. Even Eugene was silent.

You look at me, I look at you.

"I'm not a woman."

"Husband?"

The frown on Eugene's face was gone as he chuckled.

"Wasn't it too fast?"

This time the shy and anxious expression was gone as Riel solemnly said.

"They kept saying bad things because of you being a servant so I thought it would be better to just let you become my wife."

"Husband."

"Yes, yes it's a husband."

So that's it, the young man breathed a sigh of relief as he felt the rock that was placed on his heart was finally gone.

"Then you're my husband now?"

"No."

Riel pouted, why is it a 'no' again. He became silent as he was starting to think what he should do to coax a 'yes' from him.

Afraid of letting the other's imagination turn wild he immediately said.

"I'm still young to get married."

The man looked up, eyes in disbelief. So it was actually like that.

"Then I'll wait."

He remembered the other was 22, though you could already marry at the age of 20 if the other said he wasn't ready yet then he could wait.

"You could do all of what I said earlier except for the marriage thing."

He suggested, already standing in front of Eugene.

"Live with you, stay by your side, eat with you, spend time with you, and love you too?"

"Hmm."

Eugene stared at the man's pupils, slowly saying.

"Then help me get my things first."

He then took a step back, and had a teasing smile on his face. Get his things, then he will really be with him now.

"Let's go."

Excited, he didn't waste any more time as he quickly left the study room to go to the servants quarter. And Eugene followed behind, as the man's step was bigger than him he was about to be left behind. He was just about to tell the other to slow down when Riel suddenly turned around and walked back.

He held Eugene's hand then gently pulled him, his big stride became smaller to match his pace.

His adrenaline calmed down.

Riel started to talked about his life, skipping those miserable parts as it wasn't important for him. Those things didn't matter to him anymore as for him, if it weren't for those things maybe Eugene wasn't here with him.

He continuously talked until they reached Eugene's room. Eugene opened the door and the two went inside.

Riel went to the cabinet and opened it, seeing the clothes that could be counted with fingers he frowned.

"You don't have much clothes?"

Eugene was already tidying up the bed, folding the quilt properly then put it above the pillow. When he heard the question he casually responded.

"I didn't need it that much though as the clothes I'm wearing were for work, everyday."

He silently made a note in his heart to buy clothes for his baby. He deserve the best why should he let him wear this uncomfortable clothes? Feeling the cloth on his hand, it wasn't even soft.

"Well you're not a servant anymore so you need more clothes than this. Right, if you have anything to pack just tell me but I won't bring these clothes anymore."

Eugene stopped what he was doing and looked at Riel's back who was busy putting some of his things on the bag he found and asked.

"What would I wear then?"

You could wear mine were the words that wanted to come out but what he said were different.

"I'll let De An buy later."

Moments later…

"This is it?"

The youth nodded his head,Riel looked down at the little bag he was holding. Thinking for a moment then his frown eased a little when he thought of something.

"Ok. Let's go now."

The servants in the Yen palace were informed about the firing. They had a look of surprise when they saw the two men were still together. And based on those smiles they seemed more happier than before.

They looked at each other and when they saw the same confusion in each other's eyes, the question they wanted to ask was blocked from their mouth.

What happened? They just look away for a moment and it becomes like this?

So, when the two passed by them they immediately started to gossip. Guessing here and there while looking at the two's backs.

Suddenly a voice was heard behind them which made the servant stunned then stiffly look behind them.

The smiling butler looked at them happily, he seemed to be in a good mood but what he said let the servants realize that he was actually mad.

"Pack your things in your rooms and get your wages from the head maid. If I still saw the four of you here tomorrow then you might get kicked out and get nothing."

After the butler left the servants scattered and hurried to their rooms to pack their things.

Blaming themselves for their stupidity.

Creak.

Seeing the clean and tidy room Eugene asked.

"This…"

Riel put the bag down on the couch, opened it and started to arrange the things.

"My room."

He casually said, as if it was normal for Eugene to be here. Sure enough, Eugene frowned. He didn't go inside and just stood at the doorway.

"Why am I here?"

Riel froze for a moment and continued what he was doing.

"You live here with me?"

What? Eugene thought he would live inside the Yen palace, and sleep in some guest room or something that's why he agreed but he didn't expect that what Riel meant was actually like this.

He pursed his lips, hesitating a little but still said what he wanted.

"But…but this is wrong."

This time, Riel stopped what he was doing and turned to look at the youth.

"Why is this wrong?"

"Two people who aren't married yet can't sleep together."