⸢ 16 ⸥

It was already dark,a cold breeze passed by the three people standing in the hallway. The two who were wearing clothes that represent their high status were facing a guy wearing servant clothes.

The clothes showed he had a low status but Sean knew he wasn't.

With a shocked face he cautiously spoke.

"Your Highness?"

Even if he didn't meet him yet Sean knew the man in front of him was his Highness the Prince. Why? Because at the royal chamber,whenever he visited the Emperor to report, sometimes he saw the side profile of his Highness which made him familiar to his eyes.

Cariell smiled at the young General in front of him then turned his gaze towards the youth who was standing at the side.

He asked even though he already knew.

"This was?"

Eins,who had a confused look while thinking why the Prince was wearing servant clothes, came back to reality.

He bowed and introduced himself. He was a Prince himself but this wasn't his own territory so he should naturally bow his head and respect the noble family of this Empire.

"His Highness my name was Eins Claes a Prince from the North Empire."

After saying that he then looked up and stood straight to see his Highness expression.

Cariell was still staring at him which made him feel uncomfortable because the gaze looked like he could see through you. Just as he started to sweat Cariell withdrew his gaze.

He gulped and casually wiped the little beads of sweat on his forehead with his wrist and then waited quietly on the side until the two finished their talk.

"Does father tell you something?"

Cariell asked Sean,who didn't know that if the Emperor got angry at some people sometimes he ordered Sean to punish them. Maybe this time it was him who'll get punished, that's why Sean was here.

But Sean shook his head as a sign that there's none.

He then saw Cariell get silent while looking at the ground,thinking of something.

He sized him up and down and he really confirmed that the clothes were really for a servant. But why would a Prince wear clothes that do not fit his status?

Tired of being a noble?A part of the royal family?Even though he was curious he didn't ask because it was none of his business.

If the Prince told him then it was fine but asking?Bad idea.

"Ok I'll go now."

And with that Cariell turned around and went to who-knows-where.

Then Sean walked Eins towards the palace he was staying just like what he planned.

----- - 

Tik.tok.tik.tok.

Eugene, who was sitting on a soft couch, was watching the clock,his eyes following its little hand as it moved every second.

He was inside the living room as why was he there?

He also didn't know and he didn't have any idea either.

Earlier, after he finished preparing himself in the morning doing his daily routine, when he went out the servants quarter an old man suddenly stopped him,telling him to follow him somewhere.

As a result the old man brought him inside a palace living room. He didn't know who was the owner of the palace or who was the master of the butler old man.

Now,he was guessing if it was the young man he met or not.

He was still watching the clock's little hand when one of the double doors of the living room opened.

Eugene looked at the doorway and saw the old man walking towards him. The old man was holding a stack of papers and a pen.

Does this old man plan to give him a test paper?To test his IQ or something?

As he questioned himself on his mind the old man finally reached where he was.

The old man then sat down on the chair opposite him and then put the stack of paper in front of him.

Eugene looks at the papers. The paper on the top of the pile of papers had a word with beautiful handwriting on its top,like it was the title.

The title was 'Etiquettes for Beginners'. Oh so this old man planned to teach him etiquette.

But what for?Do servants also need to learn this?I thought as long as you have a good attitude and could respect others then that was enough but they still need to know this?

Can't control his own curiosity, he looked at the papers in front of him then questioned himself while wasn't aware that the old man in front of him heard the words he mumbled.

"Do I need to learn this?"

"Yes"

Shocked, Eugene suddenly raised his head and saw that the old man was smiling at him,bright as a sun outside the window of the living room.

His face flushed,embarrassed. Why does he always think out loud?

"The servants in this palace really need to learn this so whenever there's a guest the palace will have a good impression towards us."

Of course that was only an excuse,the old man didn't know why his master suddenly told him to teach someone etiquette but as a professional butler he wouldn't ask because first,it was none of his business.

He silently sized up the youth in front of him from its feet to its head while the youth read what was written on the paper.

Minutes had passed as the youth was still reading,he turned around to see the clock behind him and saw it was late at breakfast so he stood up to prepare for the young man's snack when the youth put down the paper he was holding and looked at the clock,stood up then ran.

He heard the youth shout before he vanished completely.

"I'm late!"

The old man blinked then shook his head and thought to his heart.

Didn't no one tell him to not run in the hallways and shout? This kid.

The old man then picked up those papers on the table then walked back to this study room to put it back there.

He was still scolding the youth but when he remembered he forgot to tell him that he was excused for work today, thus he also scolded himself.

Does anyone know what medicine you could take to have a good memory?Being old really was troublesome, sighhhhhh.