⸢ 9 ⸥

The quiet palace before was now noisier and became lively just because of a certain someone.

"Your Majesty,his Highness suddenly packed his things and decided to go back. I couldn't stop him so please forgive this old butler."

The man sitting in the throne inside the royal chamber sighs,puts his hands on his temple before responding to the butler.

"It's fine,it's fine. Now where's the Prince?"

He asked then stared deeply at the old butler.

"I didn't know,he suddenly went out this early morning without saying anything to me."

The man in the throne heard this and just spoke casually like he wasn't talking about his own son.

"Let him be,if something happens to him it's his fault for now quickly arrange and prepare the banquet for a welcome back ball."

The old butler bowed and said 'Understood' before leaving the royal chamber.

The man who was left alone in the room picked up the teacup which was on the table beside him and drank it slowly,savoring the mint taste of it.

This man was Marius Von Ejellan, currently the Emperor of the Ejen Empire that was also known as the South Empire.

The Empire was the richest place when it came to agriculture. Some of the Kingdom and Empire were trying their best to make a good impression on the Emperor to gain benefits.

But of course not all of them can please the Emperor. That's why if you manage to do that then you are considered a lucky person.

He has been sitting on the throne for 20 years. According to history,Marius wasn't truly the successor of the throne and because of that he killed his own father and his brother.

Marius was a tyrannical ruler,once you made a mistake in front of him you'll be punished,if you make him mad,punishment.

He believed that his words had the power so if you didn't follow what he said, forget about being punished you'll get straight to hell without even praying for your soul.

"THE GENERAL WAS HERE!"

When Marius heard this he put down the teacup he was holding and stared at the guy who was now walking towards his front.

The guy bow his head and spoke,

"Greetings his Majesty,the Emperor."

This guy was the youngest General of the Ejen Empire. His name was Sean Han,a son of the noble family of Han.

His position was like the second in command after the Emperor, that's why no one dares to mess with him.

"Do you know why I called you?"

The Emperor calmly asked,Sean looked up and spoke.

"This subordinate doesn't know."

The Emperor tapped his fingers on the armrest like he was thinking of something then after a minute of his silence he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"General Han, I want to inform you that the Prince is back and there is the upcoming banquet for his welcome back party. If it's possible I'd like you to take the Prince of the North to the party so that he will get himself familiar here."

It may sound out of concern but the young General knew that the Emperor doesn't mean it like this,the real meaning behind it was he wanted to show-off his victory towards the North by showing that their Prince was his hostage.

Everyone in the Empire palace who had a high position knew about it and the ordinary people didn't, even if they know maybe because some of the officials in the Empire couldn't keep their mouth shut and almost spilled all of the happenings inside the palace.

The Emperor was using this opportunity for the people to know his absolute power.

Sean bowed his head again and left the royal chamber,he was walking in the hallway towards the Kiln palace where the North Prince stayed but suddenly stopped his step.

The Emperor said the Prince was back,when he remembered this he turned around and ran towards the opposite direction where the Yen palace is or the place where the Ejen Prince was staying.

"How did you know that the cleaning tools were there?"

Eugene was now mopping the left side of the floor in the hallway using a mop and not just a piece of cloth.

He didn't know that mop already existed here! That's why he didn't bother to look for one.

"Well it has been almost 1 year since I started working here so I naturally knew where it was."

The other guy answered while also mopping the right side of the floor in the hallway.

"By the way, after cleaning this up, what was your next job?"

Eugene stopped what he was doing and picked out the paper Mirvana gave him that was in his pocket to see and the other guy also stopped,supporting his chin using the mop handle while staring at Eugene.

"It says here was washing the dishes."

Compared to 'cleaning the hallway' this was more harder,it's not about how he did it, it's about how many of the so-called dishes he was gonna wash. That's why...

"Need help?"

Eugene looked up and saw the other staring at him,he frowned, confused.

Why does it seem like this guy was free? He even had time to help him.

"Amm what about your work?If you keep helping me then doesn't that mean you can't finish your own work?What if Mirvana scolds you?"

There was a hint of anger in Eugene's voice which made the guy raise his lips slightly so little that if you didn't pay attention you wouldn't see it.