⸢ 46 ⸥

The two quietly enjoyed the whole dance. For some reason the same  sound of a clock reaching midnight rang and all the people heard it. The music stopped,Cariell put away Eugene's arm from him, took a step back then turned around and ran away.

Eugene followed the back of the Prince who suddenly ran away and left him with his gaze,his brows furrowed.

What the hell?After dancing with me you'll just leave me like this?

He stood there for a while and was about to leave the dancefloor when a bright light took his attention.

He looked down on the ground and saw a thing that reflected the light. Not caring about the mocking laughter around him he crouches down and picks it up.

It was a brooch,he then recalled that the Prince had this on his collar. Eugene quickly stood up then went towards the direction where he thought his Highness went.

Hahhhhh.Hahhhhh.

When he thought he was already far from the Emperor's palace,he slowed down his running then stopped.

He took a breath and leaned on the wall to rest. Eugene felt dizzy for a moment as he wasn't a person who exercised everyday and only liked to let his body lay down and rest when he had free time.

His Highness might already be far. Maybe I should go back first and just give the brooch to Ms.Mirvana so she could give it back. Right,that's the right thing to do. Why did I even chase after him if I could just do that?He suddenly felt stupid on himself.

Sigh.

Eugene rested for a moment and as he was about to go back he caught a rose petal on the ground and noticed that it was in a line.

Out of curiosity he followed the petals which lead to the center of the garden.

He walked for a long time and only stopped when he saw a shoe.

Raising his head he then saw the man he was looking for. As he was about to speak, the other party leaned on him close.

After running away,Cariell went to the garden where he and Eugene spent most of their time together and stood there to wait for the other.

As minutes passed by he felt uneasy in his heart. His brows furrowed. What if he didn't notice the brooch he just left?Or what if he noticed it then chose to give it to his superior so the superior could give it back to him?

Cariell went over thinking in his head. The excited flame on his heart extinguished. He gloomily looked at the ground as he stood there.

As felt that he might take a root then grow like a plant after waiting for so long he suddenly heard footsteps that were obvious on the quiet night.

He immediately smiled,straightening his clothes to look more presentable.

The footsteps were coming closer until he saw the silhouette of the person he was waiting for.

The youth raised his head and looked at him,seeing him opening his mouth to say something he immediately leaned over.

Eugene widened his eyes in shock for the sudden closeness of the other's face which caused Cariell to let out a low chuckle.

He held Eugene's hand and saw the brooch he left.

"Are you giving this back to me?"

Eugene went back to his senses when he heard the others' question. He looked confused for a moment then realized the other was talking about the brooch he was holding.

He nodded his head.

"Eugene"

The voice was low and magnetic,Eugene felt he was bewitched as he looked at the others eyes. He asked.

"You know me?"

Holding the hand with the brooch,he kisses it while staring at Eugene's eyes. His other hand was already around Eugene's waist.

"Of course,Eugene Riley."

"But how could that be?"

Cariell smiled then questioned.

"Do you want to know?"

Seeing the other nodded his head he continued.

"One day a person bravely asked me if I could help him carry boxes, so I agreed. Then the next day we met again and I helped him to clean the hallway. After that I saw him injured himself because he pricked himself on the rose thorns then I-"

He continued his narration when Eugene cut him off.

"Riel?"

Hearing his nickname his eyes lit up as his smile became bigger from ear to ear.

"Hmm?"

Riel responded with a hum. Under the moonlight he took away his arms from the other as he stood straight.

Taking off the mask on his face he formally introduced himself.

"As the moon witnessed this scene. I, Cariell Von Ejellan,the only Prince of Ejen Empire and you know as Riel would like you to know that I like you. I don't know when it started. I just woke up one day in the morning and suddenly found myself looking for your presence. At first I was only interested as you were brave enough to ask me to help you carry things thus I followed you around then this kind of thing happened to me. I hope you forgive me as I lied and hid my identity to you but I don't want to just be a 'friend' anymore,I want something more than that. I want you. Eugene Riley,can I pursue you."

Riel let out all his thoughts and feelings. He breathes a sigh of relief on his heart and looks anxiously at Eugene's reaction.

He was nervous inside but he was calm outside. This was his first time confessing to someone he loved and he didn't know if he did it right. He already restrained himself for not asking the youth to be with him already.

Hearing what Riel told him Eugene was stunned as the man who was always with him was actually the villain and this villain confessed his feelings.

He felt complicated as he didn't have any idea how to answer the other party but seeing the excited and nervous emotion from his eyes,Eugene sadly smiled then answered which made Riel stunned.

"I'm sorry."

I was only a passerby in this world. That's why if I like you back I don't know what will happen to me. I don't want to hurt you more.