⸢ 35 ⸥

"I'm fine."

Cariell answered the newcomer's question. He then stood up and patted the dust off on his knees.

"Ok. I'm leaving then."

The youth turned around planning to leave but Cariell caught his t which made the former stunned for a moment then turned his head to look at the man who stopped him from leaving. His face had a 'What?' expression.

He also didn't know why he did that but he couldn't say this,right?

Cariell immediately let go of the wrist he was holding,his face burning in embarrassment as he scratched his head.

".......name…."

The youth couldn't hear what he was saying as the voice of the guy in front of him was as quiet as a mosquito.

Seeing the other wrinkle his eyebrows Cariell repeated what he said but this time the volume was enough for the two of them to hear.

"What's your name?"

Night,in the dining room. Cariell focused his gaze on the dish in front of him.

Everyone thought he was quietly enjoying his meal but in reality Cariell's mind was full of the smiling face of the youth that he met in the morning. 

After learning the other's name and coming back inside his palace he immediately inquired about his identity which shocked him.

It turns out that the other person was also a Prince and he was here at the Empire as a proof of the peace that the two Empire promised.

The North was said to be the first to insight a war between the two, unfortunately for them the Ejen Empire wasn't easy to bully and they also didn't expect a powerful individual from them thus the former was suppressed by the latter. As for the reason for their attack they didn't explain it. In short, the reason for the sudden war was unknown.

Cariell basically wants to know more about the youth but his power and status inside the palace wasn't better than a servant.

He didn't have someone to command,lacked connection and money. Even if he had money and tried to hire someone to do the job he wasn't sure if the person wouldn't run away with the money.

Until now he still hasn't thought of a suitable solution for him.

After eating dinner he went straight to his bedroom,removed some of his clothes and only left the inner clothes on his body.

Staring at the ceiling with his body lying straight on the bed,his hands were both placed on his abdomen.

If Cariell happens to close his eyes it will look like he was inside a coffin and would be mourned by some people.

Since that day his everyday life has become like this,eating,sleeping, and visiting the youth. The gentle and kind attitude of the other makes his heart beat fast everyday.

He wants to see his smile,hear his pleasant voice and spend time with him. Even a nonsense topic could become an important one.

He'll do anything just for a chance to be with the other even if it's only for a second.

He didn't understand. What was this feeling?Every time he went back to his palace then stared at the ceiling in his bedroom he was confused.

What is happening to me?Why am I being like this?

He touched the part where his heart was. Am I sick?Am I having a disease that could only be triggered whenever I saw him?Should I go and call a Doctor?

Clack.

"It's early and his Highness was here already. I hope this one wasn't a bother to you."

Cariell shyly waved his hand,like telling the other that he was not a bother at all.

They were having a teatime at the garden of the Kiln palace. Earlier, after finishing his 'delicious' breakfast he couldn't help himself to run towards this place and before he realized he had already stepped his foot on the palace.

It's a good thing the youth didn't mind at all.

Thinking about his disturbance early in the morning,Cariell inwardly sighs at his troublesome attitude.

This person was the first friend he got since he stayed here in the palace so naturally he was excited about it. Even though it was already a few days since then,the feeling of having someone you could talk with without being ridiculed and mocked was pretty good.

He was in a good mood not until a maid rushed over and whispered something in the youth's ear.

He then saw the others eyes become bright,a smile blossomed on his beautiful face.

The youth stood up and thump.thump.thump. towards where the maid came from.

Cariell frowned at what he saw.

What is it that could make him get excited like that? He couldn't hold back his curiosity anymore thus he also stood up from his seat and followed the youth.

"I miss you!"

"I miss you too."

The man circled his arms on the youth's waist and pulled him closer onto his bosom.

He then put his face on the youth's neck,smiling from ear to ear.

They've been separated for so long after he went to clean up the mess that he did that was left inside the Empire. He didn't spare even one life.

And now,the beast that is full of killing intent inside him calmed down after feeling the warm embrace from his beloved. He could only feel one thing at the moment,it was peaceful.

This scenario was the thing Cariell saw after following the other.

The person he liked was being hugged by someone.

Cariell felt his heart was being squeezed at. It's painful. He touched his chest where the heart was located and he felt like he would have a heart attack.

At this point,as long as you weren't blind or stupid you would immediately notice the romantic atmosphere between the two people.

It was harmonious and he,a certain someone who just realized his feelings was already too late because from the start,he already didn't have any chance.