⸢ 57 ⸥

"Ok."

Riel quickly put the things back on the bag and after that he walked towards the door and went out.

Eugene stepped aside as he was blocking the doorway. The man closed the door of his room then went towards the room beside it.

He opened it, went inside then started to do the same thing earlier. All this time the youth was following behind.

The room wasn't as luxurious as the man's room but it was still more comfortable to sleep with than the servant quarters.

It was clean as the servants cleaned it everyday for an emergency like if some of the Prince's friends stayed for a night.

He also went inside, stood beside the big bed then poke it. When his fingers bounced off he knew the bed was soft and fluffy. He suddenly couldn't wait to lay down and sleep.

Riel was silent the whole time he helped the youth arrange his things in the room and after that he left without saying anything.

Eugene thought the other was mad as he rejected him again. He didn't know what to do so so he decided to just follow behind him. He was about to follow behind but the door was shut closed.

His foot left hanging in the air, then he put it back on the ground.

He let out a sigh then said to himself.

If the other made a request he wouldn't reject him again and would agree, as long as it's not about money as he didn't have that.

The whole day, no Riel showed up in front of him. It was only the butler who delivered his lunch. And now, holding the tray of food for his dinner he asked the butler.

"Riel?"

De An respectfully bowed after putting the tray on the table and answered.

"His Highness was busy. Young Master should just stay here and wait for him, after eating you could rest and don't wander around. It was dangerous even though you were inside his territory."

This was also the same thing that he said during lunch.

Then De An turned around and left the room.

Eugene picked up the spoon and the delicious food suddenly tastes bland, he didn't have an appetite anymore to eat so he put down the spoon then stood up and went to the bed.

He lay down and covered himself with the quilt. Thinking about his attitude earlier.

As he stayed like this he suddenly fell asleep.

Outside the room, a man was standing infront of the bedroom door.

He raised his hand and was about to knock but suddenly put it down. This action repeated until he finally get himself together and knock on the door.

He was busy thinking of what ways to do so he could sleep together with Eugene. He didn't have someone to ask, and De An didn't know anything about something like this so he went to the library and busied himself.

Looking for books that could help him in his current situation, unfortunately there's no such book that exists in this world so, he randomly pulled one and saw it was a romance book.

As he felt he didn't have any choice he read it from start to finish and he learned one thing, and that was what he was about to do.

When there's no response, he knocked again but this time it was louder than the previous one.

Thus the door opened, the youth was standing there. His eyes red and still close as he look like someone who just woke up.

He blinked to adjust his vision and the sleepy eyes widened when he saw who knocked on the door.

Riel stood there, clenching his hands.

"I....I had a nightmare. I'm too scared to sleep alone. Can I sleep with you?"

Eugene was confused as he just woke up so his brain was still in the rest mode thus when his brain processed the information he heard he suddenly had an urge to laugh but he remembered what he told himself earlier so he cleared his throat so the laugh won't come out and spoke.

"You come in."

A big man like you was actually scared to sleep alone after having a nightmare. Even a child can't be fooled by something like this when it comes from the mouth of an adult. But although it was clearly a lie Eugene didn't expose the other.

He closed the door then lay down beside the stiff man on the bed. Not moving at all.

Is he even breathing?

He put his hand under the man's nose, making sure the other was still breathing.

After confirming, he lay down beside the man.

There was actually nothing wrong with two lovers sleeping together. It's just, he was influenced before that people who weren't married yet can't sleep together.

Sigh.

The two were lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Riel's heart was about to burst as just the thought his beloved was beside him he almost forgot what he planned to do.

He turned his head and stared at the youth's side profile.

Swallowing his saliva with his nervousness he said.

"I'm still scared, can you hug me?"

He almost stuttered but good thing he made it, as he didn't want his lies to be exposed. But the youth didn't say anything more and it became quiet again.

Well, he could already sleep like this.

He turned his body but he was stunned as he didn't expect Eugene to also do the same and what made him not dare to breathe was Eugene got closer and suddenly buried himself in his arms.

He froze for a moment then felt a hand patting his back with a light heaviness.

What kind of development is this? But, even though this wasn't what he imagined at least,

He circled his arms on the youth's waist, burying his face on the crook of his neck.

Eugene could clearly hear the loud thump from the man's chest like someone was beating a drum inside it. He smiled, it was actually comfortable to have someone to hold you in sleep.

The sleepiness came back.

When he felt the breathing of the person in his arms become light, his stiff body relaxed. He adjusted his body so the youth would be comfortable in his sleep then also closed his eyes to follow the other in the dreamland.