⸢ 55 ⸥

"Wasn't this dirty?"

Eugene looked at the man who already had a bulging cheek as he chewed the food on his mouth. He laughed and said,

"Isn't your question too late? Besides, it's not dirty."

"Then why is it cheap?"

"Because it's a streetfood."

Orange balls were quail eggs that were boiled then covered by orange flour. Then fry it in oil. After that, you can eat it but if you want to make it tastier you could dip it in sauce.

They finished the food first and threw the stick on the garbage bag that was hanging on the side. Then the two left that stall.

Riel handed a handkerchief over to Eugene, as he ate quite messy. Eugene felt embarrassed and immediately wiped away the sauce on the corner of his mouth.

"Your Highness, there is a river near here where you can rent a boat to ride together. It would be perfect at night."

De An whispered on the side. Riel look up at the sky which was already turning on an orange color. He thought for a moment then nodded his head, agreeing to what De An have said.

"Then I'll make an arrangement."

After that, De An left the two alone.

The two quietly walked beside each other. As the sky went red the number of people earlier became less and less. The road wasn't that crowded anymore.

They didn't know who would talk first as the two didn't know what to talk about.

Riel couldn't tolerate it anymore and spoke.

"Wanna ride a boat together?"

Eugene looked at the man beside him, his gaze was curious. Silently asking what he meant.

"There's a nearby river here, we can rent a boat to ride it."

He said the same thing what De An said but modified it a bit. Seeing the youth nodding his head, he told him to follow behind him.

Reaching the river, the two saw De An standing there like he had been waiting there for a long time. Behind him was a boat with two paddles on both sides and two chairs.

Riel boarded the boat first before helping Eugene. They sat at the chair, face to face.

The boat wasn't that big so the space between the chairs wasn't that big either, thus when the two sat down they were close to each other. The gap was just half a mans forwarded arm.

They row the boat together, the sun already set and lights of the lamps lit up one by one. Illuminating the dark. This was the first time Eugene saw the nightlife in ancient times, though it wasn't as bright as the modern it was still beautiful and could calm people's hearts. He had an amazed expression on his face.

Riel was also the same, first time experiencing the night life of people in the City as he before was always stuck inside a room. Didn't want to go out to interact with people.

But his amazement was just for a moment as he turned his gaze towards the youth on his front. The ligths was cast on the youth's face making the already good-looking face became warm.

He took his hands and clasped it both on his palm which took Eugene's attention back on him.

Riel took a breath and asked.

"Can you be mine now?"

The confrontation earlier made his heart feel anxious as he thought someone might steal him away.