⸢ 68 ⸥

Crackle.Crackle.

The bonfire burned in the night, giving light near it's surrounding. Cariell was sitting in the tree trunk, staring at the fire in a daze.

One of Sean's men were roasting the rabbit they had caught so they would have something to eat. The soldiers make their own fire to cook so they wouldn't bother the Prince's thoughts.

When the person in charge of roasting noticed the food was cooked, he went towards the silent Prince and lent the stick towards the other. The guy nervously speaks.

"Your Highnes-" but before he could finish his words the other already took the stick with the rabbit meat and took a bite. The guy scratched his head embarrassingly then turned and went back to roast food.

Three days and four nights of traveling, even though Cariell knew that Eugene was safe there with his Father around he still couldn't help himself to worry. And also, he already misses the youth so much.

"After you digest your food let's continue our journey the same as before."

Sean commanded which received a low affirmation from his men. Seeing them packing things up to travel again, the General let out a satisfied smile then noticed the silent Prince sitting at the tree trunk, eating his food thus he walked towards the other then sat down beside him.

"His Highness should take a rest later. Let my men keep watch at night. Don't worry, I'll also keep a watch later to ensure your safety."

He said after he felt the Prince's low mood.

"I know his Highness already wants to see his beloved soon. That's why I told my people to travel day and night so we could immediately reach our destination."

Cariell sneered.

"Should I thank you?Thank you then."

The Prince stood up to find a place to rest, away from the people. He suddenly regretted not bringing De An with him because he didn't have anyone to talk with but when he remembered the youth needed his Butler more than him he felt it was worth it. At least here the worst that could happen was he will stink his saliva.

However before he could walk away the other asked a question which made his foot stop in mid air.

"I don't get why your Highness dislikes me so much."

Since the two met, Sean already felt his hostility that he didn't even bother to hide which made him confused. He thought to himself. They haven't met before and that was also the first so how could the other be mad at him so much? Thus he tried to provoke him so he could know why.

You know, when you want to know about something, unless they are willing to tell you what it was, you can get it by just letting their emotions out of control. It's like you'll provoke that emotion out so he could blurt it out without thinking.

"I just don't like your face."

With that Cariell didn't wait for the General's response and immediately walked away.

After traveling day and night the group of people finally reached their destination, the North Empire.

Sean made Cariell and his men change into ordinary clothing while their swords were left inside the carriage, two men will be left there to guard it.

They just hide a dagger inside the boots for self protection. As for other weapons, if trouble really comes to them or they get caught, the weapon is in their enemies hand. They could just steal it.

Stepping inside the border of the North Empire, they got checked first and paid the entrance fee before they got inside.

Sean let Eins lead the way. He can't waste much time as he himself couldn't leave that long away from the Ejen.