⸢ 39 ⸥

Since that day Eugene always felt someone's gaze at him but whenever he turned around to look who it was there's none.

And because of this gaze that makes him feel uncomfortable he was always distracted doing his job.

"I think you should stop digging."

"Ah?"

Eugene looked down at what he was doing and the hole he dug was already knee deep.

He put down the mini shovel he was holding and just stared at the hole. What he was even doing,being distracted in the middle of work was bad.

Its a good thing the others didn't said anything about it and just turn a blind eye. Scared of angering his Highness.

"You ok?"

A cold temperature was suddenly pressed on his forehead making him wake up in his daze.

He looked to his right side and saw Riel who was also digging a hole and started to wander,was he or Riel was the one being stared at?After all they were always together and he,a normal citizen, was impossible to have a stalker so….staring at Riel's face he felt that he was right. I mean who could resist this kind of look?

Riel stared closely at the dazed look of his beloved and couldn't help but smile but this smile was only for a second when he turned serious again. He removes his hand that was pressed on the other and flicks it.

"Ouch."

"Stop dazing, we still have a lot of work to do."

Holding his forehead he pouted on his mind. It's not like he likes to daze. He picked up the mini shovel again while murmuring something.

"What is it?Are you saying something?"

Eugene shook his head and started to dig again in a new position. Why does it feel like Riel's attitude towards him changes?He couldn't pinpoint where he changed but that didn't mean he didn't notice it!

He looked at Riel who was beside him with his peripheral vision and didn't see anything wrong thus he continued his work. His eyebrows furrowing,still feeling the gaze on his body.

Silence filled the area which Riel couldn't take anymore and spoke.

"I heard you were now learning how to dance?"

Learning to dance?Eugene pondered the question in his mind for a moment,remembering the old man he answered.

"Yap!"

After learning etiquette the old man suggested for him to learn how to dance. Both position,the male and female steps. He gets the male one but what about the female?Was it really necessary for him to also learn that?

And the hard part was he was learning without a partner, the old man was so stingy he didn't even find a partner for him then would scold him so much if he made a mistake especially when he was practicing the female part.

Suddenly remembered that he cursed the old man in his heart. Hope you have a toothache today!

De An who was preparing the Prince's meal suddenly sneezes.He rubbed his nose and went towards the bathroom to change his gloves and washed his hands but before that he told the kitchen people to change the meal and prepare a new one. What if his sneeze had a virus and it went on the food? The Prince and his beloved's health was important.

"You were also atten- gonna serve at the upcoming ball?"

His tongue almost slipped. Good thing he was fast. If Eugene heard what he was about to say about attending he might get suspicious. After all attending means you were formally invited while serving means you were only there just to serve the guest.

There was an upcoming ball at the palace,it was to celebrate the anniversary of the Empire and the theme was a masquerade ball where all attendees including the servants who will serve will wear one.

That's why he let De An teach Eugene how to dance after etiquette.He learned that Eugene was a fast learner when De An was teaching him etiquette. As expected of his baby. A proud smile bloomed on his face.

"Rosa told me that I was chosen so yeah."

Finally!A party!

Eugene was excited to know how these people celebrated. Is there a party hat?A cake?Balloons?

"Y-*cough* Riel the chef told me to call you to eat. It was almost lunch."

The maid who called started to sweat. Don't blame her for being scared,calling a royalty using his name was already a crime and she directly called the Prince with his name which was bad but calling him on his status was even worse especially if...she took a peek at the youth who was now standing beside the Prince,if this guy was nearby.

The butler of his Highness told her that and as a little maid she could only follow the command.

"Follow me."

She immediately turned her back and walked fast.

Eugene didn't notice the woman's abnormality and just followed her with Riel.

At the ground the shadow of the people was there. Riel looked down on it,the left hand of Eugene on the shadow was near on his own. A light flashed in his eyes,moving his hand. The shadow on the ground suddenly looked like it was holding each other.

Seeing this the corner of his mouth lifted up. Raised his head then slowed down his pace to match Eugene while following the woman.

"You said he was always around a servant?And that servant was a guy?"

"Yes your Majesty."

Marius put down the book he was reading after hearing what his right hand man said. Tapping the table with his left hand while thinking of something.

"Does his Majesty want me to do something?"

He was silent for a moment then he answered.

"No.Let him be."

Marius then continued the book he was reading.The right hand man whose name was Cole smiled silently