⸢ 61 ⸥

The scene of the knights escorting the beautiful carriage attracted peoples eyes especially those people whose greediness couldn't be hidden.

They already travel for three days, stopping in an inn or just at the side of the road and would set up a tent if they didn't find an inn at night. They were already far by the City which was why the safety decreased. These people didn't recognize the emblem plastered on the carriage anymore so they had the guts to do something bad.

Thus, some men formed a group of two or three and started discussing. From time to time they took a peek at the carriage that was parked there, and didn't even care about the knights at the side that were guarding it.

For them, the knights were too few and could be captured with their numbers, after all no matter how good people at fighting they couldn't beat so many as they could still feel tired.

An old man went down from the seat beside the coachman. It walked to the carriage door and knocked before saying something.

The carriage was far away from them so those men couldn't hear what the old man was saying and could only try to read lips.

When it seems the one inside gave a response, the old man then went away followed by one knight.

Seems like the old man was looking for a place to stay. After a while the old man went back and talk to the close door carriage again.

The inn he saw didn't look good and comfortable to stay with so he reported it to the master and didn't dare to decide on his own.

The old man went back to sit beside the coachman and they started to move.

People look at each other's eyes, seeing the same look they immediately scattered and prepare the things to do what they planned.

At Night, the only sounds that could be heard were the crickets and the sound of wind.

There were tents standing there, the tents were used for the knights so they could sleep while two knights were keeping watch.

Men covered themselves in black sneakily walked towards the nearest carriage. Their eyes were the only thing that could be seen. There weren't enough sources of light so the dark could hide them.

They checked the two knights sitting on the stone and saw them snoring already.

The guy in the front signaled to the others who were following him to be quiet then slowly opened the door.

Before he could rejoice, a sharp blade was pointed at him. His eyes widened as his body shook in fear. Fear that one wrong move and the thing that was pointed at him will be the thing that would kill him.

"What are you doing just standing there, immediately go inside and pass the goods down to us."

One of the people behind was about to go out of patience, thus he grumbled and said this in a volume they could only hear, so as to not wake people up.

But the guy didn't respond, how could he when his life was in danger.

He saw the sword move up which indicated for him to raise his head. He looked up and saw the owner of the carriage.

Looking at him as if he was already dead, he trembled and could only try to not stutter while speaking as the man signaled him to talk.

"T-that, I think we should just go b- I mean let's go."

He would just try to say they should go back and forget about it but the sword move which made him change his words.

The guy climbed inside the carriage, pretending to get the goods. His people followed behind and went near the carriage.

After he was done, he saw the knights surrounding his own people. The group of people was shocked as they unsheathed their own weapon and formed a circle to face them.

"Were surrounded!"

The guy who complained earlier shouted.

"Just tie them up, for those who will struggle and fight back, kill them."

The group of people were stunned as they heard a voice come from the carriage followed by a groan. They turned their heads to look and saw their leader was pushed out of the carriage.

"Understood."

One of the knights said then all of them move to tie people up. The sound of the clashing of things echoed in the night, those thieves were wearing black clothes but this didn't prevent the knights from quickly defeating them. They were trained after all so in just half an hour the thieves were sitting near the fire, their mouths were also blocked so they couldn't speak or shout.

--------

Night, the whole mansion was quiet.

The old man wearing a butler uniform was about to blow the candle to turn off the lights as he could see that his Master was already sleeping peacefully.

Unfortunately, he heard his Master cough again which made him turn his body and walk towards the bed.

Cough.Cough.

The man laying on the bed continued to cough, his forehead filled with sweat.

The old man took out a handkerchief and wiped the sweat away then lightly woke his Master up.

"Master, wake up for a moment and drink the medicine now."

He kept shaking the other until the man slowly opened his eyes. He helped him sit up and lean on the headboard then he poured water on the glass, put a little medicine powder on it then stirred it before giving it to his Master.

When the man finished his medicine, the cough stopped which made him breathe in a sigh of relief.

"Is the thing I told you to do earlier done?"

"Yes, they were following behind His Highness in a safe distance so they wouldn't get notice."

Hearing this, the man's eyes darkened. Finally, he could let that Prince perish in this world, as for that little servant he was nothing anyway so just let them die together. He waited for this moment and after this his goal could be reached with his own hands, just one more person and he could finally get what he wants.

"This was a very important step, if those people failed then I'll let you follow them in the afterlife."