⸢ 59 ⸥

In a room, two people were sitting and doing their own things.

One was reading about works and would sign his signature for confirmation of the paper after making sure everything was correct and the other was drinking a glass of juice while flipping the pages of the book he was holding.

Although these moments look boring for other people, the two were fine spending their time like this. Eugene had almost treated every day like a vacation.

Somehow feeling bored with the book he closed it then put it down on the table. Eugene looked at his man then having nothing to do, he stood up. Carried a chair he could lift towards Riel and put it down beside him then sat down.

He put his head on the little space of the table, his left cheek were plastered on the table while staring at the man.

Riel's attention was on him since he put down his book so he naturally knew that the other was looking at him. The corner of his mouth lifted up as he put his elbow on the table and supported his chin with his hand. Also looking at the youth.

The clear brown eyes were staring at him, Riel poke the youth's forehead which received a glare.

He laugh then said,

"What should I do?My baby was bothering me in the middle of my work. How could Father accept the reason that I was seduced, that's why I didn't finish it?"

Father? Eugene sat up straight, his eyes filled with shock.

"Your Father knew?"

"Yeah"

"He didn't say anything?"

Riel saw his nervousness and suddenly wanted to tease him.

"He said something."

Eugene swallowed his saliva before he questioned.

"What is it?"

The smile on the man's face became bigger.

"He told me to hold a marriage as he wanted you to be part of our family as soon as possible."

The youth's face heated.

The Emperor knew about it.

I mean, if the whole people inside the palace knew of course the Emperor was the same.

Recalling the background of the Emperor he frowned, wasn't it said he didn't treat his son right? But why does it look like it was the opposite?

Anyways, it's not my problem anymore.

Feeling the scorching gaze of the man he asked.

"What?"

The man didn't respond, he was about to speak again when the other picked up a piece of paper on the table and suddenly blocked his lips with it as the man leaned down.

Eugene felt something touch his lips between the paper, his eyes widened in shock. But it was only a second as Riel was sitting there straight, looking down at the documents with a solemn expression like he didn't do anything at all.

Eugene blocked his mouth with his hands, afraid the other would do it again.

Riel gazed at the youth again and saw his reaction. He felt complicated, reaching out his hands to pat the youth's head and reassure him.

"Don't worry, I won't kiss you anymore without your consent."

Then he went back to work, he could wait as long as he lived until Eugene wouldn't feel uncomfortable with it.

The hand blocking the mouth touches the head which the man just patted.

This, what kind of feeling is this? Why do I feel there's something on my stomach? Is this what the others say about how it feels to have a butterfly in their stomach?

Eugene went back on the couch, picked up the book again and used it as a shield to block his face while his eyes weren't as he stared at the man.

He stared without blinking his eyes when Riel suddenly raised his head to look which made Eugene look away and use the book as a cover, pretending that he was reading.

But the man laughed which made him confused.

"The book is upside down."

Eugene was stunned, then immediately turned the book and said, stuttering.

"I-I….this…this was my talent!"

Which received another laugh so he glared at the man. Just believe it!

"Ok, ok it was your talent. Won't disturb you anymore."

When Riel put his attention back to his work and didn't say anything more he started again. 

The corner of Riel's mouth twitched as he really wanted to smile but he couldn't. He let the others' stare at him.

The curtain hanging on the window danced with the cold wind. Leafs in a color of orange fell down on the ground while some of it went inside the room.

Autumn was about to come. The heat people suffered in summer was now changed by the cold.

Eugene woke up from his slumber, he sat up and was about to put his feet in the ground when he turned back to look at the sleeping face of the man beside him.

He went back lying on the bed, his feet on the headboard. Putting his head in his arms then stared at the man's face. Lately, he's been staring at the other, even though he admits it himself.

His eyes look at those eyelashes that look longer than his own down to the nose and stop at the lips. The scene when they kissed with a paper in between flashed in his mind, his face heated.

Then he thought, what would it feel if the paper wasn't there? Will it be sweet like how people said when they kiss their loved one? And soft too?

His adam's apple rolled. He cautiously poke the man's face, checking if he was awake or not. Then he whispered.

"Riel?"

When there's no response, he called again while still poking his face.

"Riel? You awake?"

No response again, seems like he was really asleep. Eugene stopped poking the others' faces.

He wanted to know how it felt when your lips touch the other without anything in between. He leaned close, looked at the closed eyes for a moment to make sure he was asleep then closed his eyes and did what he wanted.

He felt something soft touch his own but before he knew how it tasted a voice was heard which made him froze and opened his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

The tone wasn't stern, it even had a hint of helplessness in it.

A pair of brown pupils stared at him. When Eugene woke up from his daze, he immediately stood up from the bed and said.

"I….I'm going to get the food!"

Before he run away.

Riel sat up from the bed, looking at the silhouette of the youth that was gone in his line of sight, he chuckled.

Ah….what a cute baby. He didn't want me to do it and instead wanted to do it himself.