⸢ 32 ⸥

He looked down on the thing he was holding and saw that it was a brown bag,thinking it was his breakfast. Riel hurriedly opened it.

The bag contained two pieces of bread and a water bottle. The bread was even hard as a stone when he picked it up. Just how could he possibly eat this food?

His teeth might fall off after taking a bite. Even if he tried to melt it with his own saliva it might take him an hour or so but even if he knew these problems he still silently ate the bread without complaining. This was better than him starving to death.

After chewing and swallowing the food,Riel opened the water bottle and drank it. The cold water flowed down on his throat which he wasn't used to and made him cough because of it.

He closed the lid of the bottle and then put the bread back on the brown bag,after doing these things he put it away from him. Not eating for a day wouldn't kill him anyway so he might as well wait until they were in the palace because he was sure that the food there wasn't like this.

After another long journey on the road the carriage finally reached the palace. Going inside the gate then stopped in front of the Emperor's palace door.

The carriage door opened and Riel could immediately see the front door. It was big,the color was gold which had a pattern that was good and pleasant to the eyes.

Stepping inside,Riel was overjoyed and also quite nervous. What if his Father wouldn't like him?He still remembered how his butler and those people always told him everyday that his Father,the Emperor, hated him. That's why he was thrown away to the West but how could he,the son, believe this?Who's parents would hate their child?

Even though he didn't believe them, that didn't mean he wasn't scared,thinking that what if what they said was true?What should he do then?

Riel anxiously entered the royal chamber,where a man sitting on a throne could be seen. The man's back was straight,a posture of confidence. His face didn't have any hair(a beard or mustache) which made him look young. The eyes that gaze at you are as sharp as a sword's blade even his eyebrows look fierce. His lips were on its right color,a pink with a shade of red.

If Riel and this man were put beside each other one could tell that they were related to each other. Riel bowed his head,put his right hand on his chest then bent his right knee,a sign of greetings and respect towards the most powerful person in an Empire.

"Greetings his Majesty,this Prince was overjoyed to finally meet you."

Riel looked calm and composed but in reality his heart was beating fast,his hands were trembling, afraid of his Father's reaction.

A minute had passed and Riel's knees also started to get hurt when he heard the cold voice from above.

"Rise."

Thus Riel immediately stood up and raised his head to look at the man in the throne.

"Cariell welcome back."

Even though there wasn't a smile on the man's face and remained expressionless one could still tell that his voice had a slight trace of warmth which made Cariell foolishly smile.

"Prepare the Yen palace for my son to stay,and guide him towards it."

The Emperor commanded,the servants on the side bow answered 'yes' in unison and immediately took action,one of them walked towards Cariell and told him to follow him.

"Thanking his Majesty."

After expressing his gratitude, only then did Cariell follow the servant.

Going out of the Emperor's palace,a long time had passed until they reached the garden,yes the garden which made Cariell frown. If the palace for him was this far from his Father wasn't they supposed to use a carriage?

But even though he thought like this, Cariell didn't dare to complain at all.

A while later the servant in front finally stopped and turned around to face him.

With a monotone voice the servant explained.

"Your Highness this is your personal palace,as you can see it would take a long detour just for you to reach his Majesty."

The servant then turned his back on him then started to walk again.

"This palace was called the Yen palace. It was very long ago since this place was used but it was still complete and standing till now. The others were still cleaning so I will tour you around first to familiarize yourself by the way. Has his Highness eaten yet?You came from a long journey, you must be hungry now,what kind of food his Highness would like?I will tell someone to get it for you."

The emotionless voice owner asked while again facing Cariell.

"Just a toast with strawberry jam between it."

"What about drinks?"

"Then the tea was fine."

He then smiled,he was right. As long as he was in the palace his food would be all delicious,he almost told the other a whole roasted chicken but he held himself back. This was his first time here and he didn't want others to see him as a gluttonous Prince. He admitted that his appetite was big but still...he should hold his appetite back.

The servant waited for a moment if Cariell would still have something to say but after five minutes of silence the servant then walked towards the inside to let someone get the food and Cariell also followed him. After telling the other servant the food his Highness wanted, she then led him towards a room which Cariell thought was the living room.

"Your Highness sits first and waits for the food and about showing you around I will do it later,his Highness health comes first. Please let me know if you are already finished so that I can do my job then I will leave first to help with the cleaning."

She bowed her head first and only left the room when she heard the Prince say the word 'Go'.