⸢ 26 ⸥

"We met at the school,I somehow helped him every time we met so then we became friends. It's just that I left the school that time because of my Father's health. Oh,the time we met we were still young. If I remember correctly we were 5,I think?"

He touched his chin then stroked it like he had a beard or something.

Earlier, Linus almost blurted out his best friend's secret(for them)in front of this little guy. That's why the other party pulled him somewhere and as a friend he supported this. Because at first glance he already knew that his friend liked the youth.

Anyways he knew to himself that Riel would tell the youth about this secret of his,maybe not now but someday.

"How old are you by the way?"

He looked young so he was just making sure that he wasn't a minor anymore.

"22"

22,a 3 year gap?That's good.

He nodded his head then started to talk again.

"Where did you come from?"

"My mother's womb."

Linus frowned,his Mom's womb?He thought for a moment then suddenly laughed which made Riel who was listening on the side clueless. What is this guy laughing at?Wasn't it true he came from his Mother's womb?

After laughing Linus patted the youth's shoulder then praised.

"I didn't know you could joke."

When he dropped this sentence the two gaze at him like he was some kind of an unknown being. Because for them,it wasn't a joke.

Linus choked and coughed,trying to ease the awkward atmosphere. Why are these two people so serious?

"Color you like,food you like and what's your hobby?"

He asked many questions with the intention of helping his best friend to know more about the youth because he knew the other wouldn't have the courage to ask this.

"I like blue and yellow as for the food. I like sweet things and my hobby is to read books."

Sensing the youth wasn't on guard around him then Linus didn't beat around the bush anymore and straightforwardly asked.

"Then what kind of person do you like?"

Feeling the glare of his friend he raised his head and winked like telling him 'I'm helping you brother no need to thank me' which made the other frown.

Eugene carefully thought for a while and managed to come up with an answer.

"I don't have a standard for the person I would like after all when it comes to something like that you wouldn't know to yourself that you already like the other person."

Brother you had a chance! With this answer Linus threw a question again.

"Then if someone confessed to you would you accept it?"

This question made Eugene smile weakly. Who would like a boring person like him?Even in his past life he was a loner and a nerd so it was hard for a person to like him. After all, in modern times appearance is more important than the heart.

That's why even though you're gentle, kind,mature or your personality is good, some people would still prefer the beautiful one. Like how it was easy to love a rose but it was difficult to even like a leaf. All people weren't born ugly it's just that somehow we were born in a judgemental society.

Besides, even if someone confessed to him in the future he didn't know if he would accept the love after all he was afraid to be left alone again.

"That's impossible and even if it happened I'm not so sure if I would accept it or not."

Riel saw the sadness in the youth's eyes after Linus asked the question which made him feel that his heart was squeezed by something and suddenly felt distressed.

Why does his expression look hurt?

"Why?"

This time it wasn't Linus who asked this but the Riel who was silently listening earlier.

"I don't want to be left alone and I also don't want to leave that person alone. Just imagining what I would feel when the person left me I almost wanted to cry and I also couldn't imagine what that person would feel if I left him."

In short the feeling of being left by someone you cherished was unimaginable. The warmth you felt would suddenly go and the light you saw would just get dim.

He was always left alone before,after the people got what they wanted they would then disappear on his sight. He might appear lively but he started to stay away from others because of it.

He didn't have any hope about love,just watching other people's romance was already enough for him.

He doesn't need love to live anyways as he only needs oxygen,water and food oh you could also add the money.

The atmosphere became depressed, Linus quickly changed the subject as he didn't want the youth to feel sad anymore.

"Right,you said you like to read what is the title of your favorite book?"

This question successfully diverted Eugene's attention as he cheerfully answered.

"It was the book titled Spring after Winter written by Khyle Nyx"

Khyle Nyx?Linus frowned and wanted to ask if the author was new but shut his mouth when the youth continued to talk.

"I actually read it many times before but of course every time I read it again it was still like I read it for the first time. That book,I saw it accidentally and tried it and now I didn't know I would become addicted!"

Seeing the depressed expression was gone and was replaced by a joyful one Riel then smiled,chuckled lightly then spoke with amusement.

"If we have time, want to look for that book?"

That's impossible,that book only existed in his past life so Eugene only shook his head.

Anyways, that wasn't important anymore as he was already seeing the world inside it with his own eyes.

Linus breathed a sigh of relief after Eugene's attention was finally diverted. He almost started to sweat earlier for fear that his best friend would get mad when he stimulated his bad memories.

___________
A/N: About the joke,it wasn't me,it was my cousin.