⸢ 75 ⸥

“You said Eugene was here.”

Marius looked at Linus who was trembling in fear. The tone he used was so cold that even Cole and De An on the side felt scared.

“Y-yes, how could I lie to his Majesty?”

Linus didn't know why Eugene wasn't here, where he is right now and how the hell did they clean up things like nothing happened at all. He cursed his Father, after all he knew his Father was the only person who could do this.

But…if Eugene wasn't here, is it possible they locked him up in another place that he, the son, didn't even know where it could possibly be? But why? I thought he needed him to make Cariell show himself, but what he did doesn't match what he said. Like now.

The frown on Linus' forehead was so hard even Marius who wanted to vent his rage suppressed his anger.

Maybe the young man wasn't lying, maybe they put Eugene somewhere. But where?

Cole felt the atmosphere surrounding them but he still opened his mouth to ask.

“What should we do now, your Majesty?”

“Just search.”

Noon, the heat coming from the sun was so high that it could make people faint.

The running horse continued to slow down until it finally stopped as it can't move anymore due to the high temperature.

Cariell went down from the horse back and checked its condition before he cursed in his mind.

He felt like fate was playing with him. When he needed to go there fast this thing actually happened. But what could he do? Blame the horse itself?

He kicked a stone to release his annoyance as he roamed his eyes around to look for a place to stay, or a place where he could change his horse with.

Unfortunately, there's none. Not even a single dilapidated abandoned house was there.

Is this it? There's really no other solution? Really? He suddenly chuckled until he laughed out loud. If people saw him they would think he'd gone crazy.

They gave him a second chance to live, just for what? For him to become even more miserable? Is what happened in his past life not enough? Is it not enough?! What the hell did he even do wrong! Just for fate to treat him like this?!

Why didn't you just let me die? Why did you bother to let me live again? Are you playing with my life?

He raised his head and looked up. His eyes contain anger since he read the letter before.

He wasn't from this world right? This book world is a waste that should be thrown into the trash!

You sent him to me! You gave Eugene to me! You let him make me feel something that I didn't have before. You let him make me experience things I didn't before!

The happiness, sadness, anger, jealousy, love, all because of him.

Dark clouds started to form together until a tiny drop of water fell to his face.

One, two, until it becomes thousands and millions.

Cariell knelt on the ground, looking at the dry leaves that were being wet by the rain.

His hope was about to vanish, a fragile heart that was just starting to heal from the old wounds had new wounds that were already bleeding. The bandages weren't enough to stop it from falling apart.

“Do you plan to knelt there forever until your body rotes?”

The surging negative thoughts on his mind were interrupted by a voice from above. Cariell raised his head and saw Eins sitting on the horseback, looking down on him.

“You look like an old man that was already in his last moments.”

“I don't need your opinion.”

Eins couldn't help but roll his eyes. He jumped down from the back of the horse and landed on the ground. He immediately sat there without caring about his clothes getting dirty, it was already wet anyways so what's the point?

“You need it, if I didn't come and stop you from thinking what even is that in your mind then I might bear Eugene’s anger as I didn't even stop his lover from taking his life.”

Cariell’s eyes darkened after hearing what he said.

“Who said I'm gonna take my life?”

Eins pretended to be surprised as his eyes widened.

“Oh? Then who was the person I just saw earlier? Looking lonely? A ghost? You know, taking a little rest was fine, I know every second was important right now as we didn't know what was currently happening in there but if you went there with that damaged body of yours, I'm afraid you can't save him at all.”

Cariell was silent for a while, he then suddenly raised his hand to catch something and saw it was an apple.

“Eat quickly and rest, don't worry it wasn't poisoned at all. I have plenty of time to kill you after all of this.”

So, Cariell took a bite and chewed it slowly.

“You also need to feed your horse, it was also tired after all.”

Under the rain, the two people who have enmity towards each other was eating peacefully.

Meanwhile, Sean who was lying in the bed taking a nap suddenly woke up and sat up from the bed. The beat of his heart was so fast that he pants heavily.

Sweat started to form on his forehead.

What the hell was that? What kind of dream is that? The feeling inside the dream felt real that Sean was confused if he was still dreaming or not.

He tried to recall what it was but no matter how he racked his brain, he couldn't remember the content anymore.

Sean stood up from his bed and went out of the temporary shelter they made. He didn't care how he looked after waking up, the only though had on his mind was to immediately go and back up the Prince.

“Pack up the things, we need to go back now.”

“But General…you said we should for th-”

“We need to save people, that is our responsibility. Even if it's a fifty-fifty win or lose, life or death situation, we are a soldier after all. We are trained for that.”

His tone and voice were firm, the soldiers looked at each other for a moment.

“Hurry up!”

With this shout, they immediately move to carry the command.

Sean went back inside his tent and started to tidy and ready himself.

He didn't know what actually happened to him, the only thing is that, after having that unknown dream earlier the cloud on his mind became clear like he was woken up by something.

Half an hour of preparation, they started to move towards the Palace.

It took them so long to reach the border, Sean met Cariell and Eins on the way so they planned their rescue.

Some of the soldiers change clothes and pretend to be guards of Eins Mother, while the three and some familiar faces that could be recognized by others easily tried their best to squeeze themselves to the basket.

Until they safely went inside.