⸢ 64 ⸥

Rustle. Rustle.

The people inside the house were alerted by the sound thus one of them quietly walked towards the window and peered through the gap to see what was happening outside.

The guy made a gesture for those who were behind that he saw nothing, thus he turned around and went back to his seat.

As they were about to relax their vigilance and breathe a sigh of relief thinking it was a false alarm, a sound was heard again from outside.

This time the Commander frowned, he signaled his men to be ready. The Commander silently went to the door and opened it. They needed to check his Highness' situation because the possibility of assassination was big.

They went towards the next house, they could see that the people inside were already sleeping as the lights were already off.

The Commander made his men surround the whole house, he and his men would watch the night while some of them would sleep as they were assigned to guard during the day.

After standing for a while a whistling sound was heard, the Commander, Jake immediately reacted as he used his sword to cut the arrow into two then he gazed towards the place where the arrow came from.

He squinted his eyes, the moonlight was not enough for him to see the attacker's figure.

The arrow was targeted on the window behind him where the bedroom was located. It was obvious who the target was.

This one arrow made the group make a defensive stance, ready to cut any arrow that will come and sure enough those attackers didn't fail their expectations as the arrows were shot, this time it was more than the first one.

Those knights cut the arrow to stop it from reaching the house behind them, they made it without making a single sound. Afraid the people inside will wake up from the noise.

Jake saw one of them, the other was running towards them holding a dagger both in his hands.

He took a defensive position and received the attack. The sound of two blades crushing to each other echoed in the night.

The attacker took a step back and this time it was Jake who attacked first.

The two people exchange moves with each other and with one of the attackers, those who were hiding immediately followed and attacked the rest of the knights.

One of them was running towards the house, Jake saw this which made him shout.

"Block that guy!"

His men were busy dealing with others, he himself was the same. With him suddenly distracted , his opponent managed to leave a wound in his cheek.

Jake completely turned his attention back to the person in front of him, this time he fought with all he had.

Only one thought was on his mind. Need to kill this person so he could stop the person who managed to get inside.

The guy looks around inside the house, his clothes resemble the robbers who ambushed the Prince and his people before.

He sneakily walked towards the first door he saw and quietly turned the doorknob to open it but before he could completely open the door a dagger was placed in his neck.

The guy was stunned as he didn't know where the man behind him came from.

A cold voice whispered in his ear, like a demon who commands people to do something bad.

"Look who got lost in the middle of the night."

The guy was calm, he even responded.

"My job seems to get easier as the prey delivers itself to my mouth."

And as the guy said this, he made a move using his elbow towards the stomach of the person behind him to release himself and the person took a step back to avoid it but still kept his arms in his neck.

The guy sneered.

"Heh…didn't expect the Prince to have some skills?"

Then he raised his foot to kick the leg of his opponent but he still failed. This time, the guy was shocked. How could the Prince know how to fight? Wasn't it said he only knew how to use a sword? A sword and a dagger were completely different.

His pupils shrank as he realized he couldn't escape, he wasn't the man's opponent at all.

The sound of clashing weapons was very clear in the middle of the night. The other knights who planned to sleep were awakened and after seeing what was happening they immediately took their swords and fought with the enemies.

But even though they already helped they were still outnumbered, they don't know how many were still there and hiding. Waiting for a chance to do what they plan to do but no matter what they still need to stop it.

Jake already finished the guy earlier and knew he was fighting against three people at the same time.

He kept taking a step back and made himself look like he was retreating but he was actually making his way towards the door.

At this point Riel felt something from his behind and he immediately turned around, using the guy he was holding as a shield and as a result the guy was the one who was slashed by his own teammates.

His eyes were wide open as if he couldn't believe that the one who would take his life was one of his companions.

But the person who attacked didn't give him a look and just stared at the person in front of him.

The two were staring at each other, waiting for the right moment to attack. However before they could confront each other a shout was heard from inside the bedroom and this made the man's expression behind the mask smile.

"The room was empty!"

And with that shout the man made a gesture to retreat and the people immediately followed.

Just like how they came they also disappeared the same, quiet like if you weren't alert you might miss it.

But before they could completely retreat, Jake used force to smash the running opponent with the handle of his sword so they could have someone to question.

At a mansion, a man wearing black clothes to cover and hide himself that his eyes were the only thing that could be seen opened a window and slipped inside it.

He just took off the mask he was wearing and slightly rubbed his hair when a hoarse voice was heard in front of him, he raised his head to look.

"Is it successful?"

"No."

Crash!

A teapot was thrown towards him but it didn't reach his position so it landed on the ground, the tea even splashed in his black pants.

"Useless! All of you are useless!"

The man threw the things in front of him and the one being scolded just stood there, watching the person go mad with cold eyes.