⸢ 74 ⸥

“I was only doing this for your own safety.”

He was exposed so he can't do anything but to tell the truth. Unfortunately, the Prince didn't appreciate his kindness. The man frowned, he put away the letter then meet Sean’s eyes with his own.

“I don't need it.”

He coldly said before he turned and was about to walk away to go on his own when Sean continued what he wanted to say.

“As a General, it's my duty to protect you and protect the future of the Empire. If you go there on your own, what will happen is not impossible to predict. Please wait for the army I was summoning to get here before we took action.”

He was thinking for his own good, why did the Prince can't understand this?

Cariell stopped for a moment and when he thought the other was already finished with his nonsense, he took another step to walk away.

Seeing this, Sean couldn't help it anymore and said.

“If you really can't be stopped from leaving, then please at least bring some of my men with you.”

“I said I don't need it. I have my own.”

Then without waiting for the other party to respond again he finally strode away.

“What are these letters that I saw almost everywhere saying Eugene was caught?”

At this moment, a young man came over and started to question Sean.

Sean gaze down at the paper and the content on it before replying.

“That's true.”

“What?! Then what are we doing dilly-dallying here?! Don't we need to go and save them?!”

A panic flashed in his eyes as he kept asking Sean questions after questions which made Sean, who already felt terrible since the Prince came earlier, felt even more irritated.

The veins in his forehead bulge as he gritted his teeth before saying with difficulty.

“Enough.”

Eins coldly looked at the man in front of him. He wasn't like Cariell who didn't like to speak what’s on his mind, thus he said what he wanted to say.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Isn't this your duty to immediately go there and save people? What? You scared that you might die in that battle?”

“My men and I aren't enough to suppress them. We could go there now and save him, with those people that was also caught with him. But that's impossible, what if we also got caught? And instead of saving them we brought more danger.”

He had a point, Eins pursed his lips and didn't know what to say anymore. But still,

“Then, if you can't go then I will. It was better than waiting then regret later.”

Anyways he wasn't one of Sean’s men, so he could do whatever he wanted without asking for the others permission. Eins turned his back on him and walked away to prepare for his journey.

This was the second time. Sean slammed his hands on the table which made the person behind him to flinched.

He took a deep breath to calm his mood and mind.

At Cariell’s side, he was currently tying his things to the horse he was using when a female voice was heard that came from behind him.

He looked at the owner and saw it was the Princess, she was smiling at him. When she saw him look over she untied two bags from her belt, one red and one blue then lent it to the man and said.