⸢ 69 ⸥

"How is it?"

"Your Majesty, it's delicious."

Eugene answered while munching the food in his mouth, a proof that what he said was true.

The Majesty let out a slight smile as he reprimanded the youth with a soft tone of voice.

"That's good, and don't call me 'your Majesty' just call me Dad."

Sigh.

Just how many times will he repeat himself so the youth would call him that? It's already been so long since I wanted to know more about his son in law?Or was it a daughter? Anyhow, he knew the others still felt a little uncomfortable with him which made him a little upset. He asked for methods from Cole but he already used all of them. Why is it still not working?

Is my approach wrong?He frowned for a second as he sensed the youth shivers so his frown immediately went away.

Eugene was really thankful that day that the other didn't get mad at him calling the Emperor a kidnapper. At least, De An who showed up at the right time explained who he was.

He thought he would die under a guillotine but seems like he just thinks too much as the man only waved his hand and said it was fine and the matter was over.

As for him calling the other 'Dad', how could he have the courage to do that?Even if the man himself told him it was fine for him it wasn't so, Eugene just nodded his head as a response which received another sigh.

"Your Majesty the Archduke visited, he was currently waiting in the living room."

A maid knocked and conveyed this message to Cole who was standing on the side before he whispered it to the Emperor's ears.

Marius didn't know why so early in the morning that guy would want to see him.

"Little guy, this Father of yours had something to do. You should eat more so Cariell that brat won't scold me and will think I'm starving you."

After that, he stood up and went to the living room.

Cole opened the door and let his Majesty come in first before he followed behind as he closed the door with his back.

Standing guard behind his Majesty, who was already sitting face to face with the Archduke.

"What brings you here?"

The Archduke put down the teacup that was served to him, the tea had a little herbs mix in it which was the usual tea that was served whenever Lynn visited him.

"I wanted to have a talk with his Majesty."

Hearing his friend calling him in a formal way, Marius' face became solemn.

"What is it?"

Just after his words fell the door was forcefully opened as knights barged inside and pointed their swords at him.

Cole quickly pulled the Emperor to stand up and put him behind him to protect the other.

"What is the meaning of this?"

Marius' calm and cold voice sounded in the four corners of the room, and they heard a low laugh.

Cough.

The Butler behind quickly delivered a medicine at the Archduke's mouth. When Lynn felt a little better he spoke slowly.

"Just how it looks to you."

This time Marius' suspicions became true.

"Coveting my throne eh?"

He didn't feel afraid at all, facing those swords that were pointed at him. After all, he won't be still sitting in the throne for so many years if he didn't know how to protect himself.

"Well……yeah."

Marius mockingly laughed.

"You don't even know if you could live for even a second yet still wanted to steal things that weren't yours."

He continued to laugh until he suddenly stopped as he was stunned after hearing what the other said.

"You could fight and protect yourself, I also know you don't care about your life and won't even move if I tried to kill you right now, but what about that beloved of your son?"

"You're threatening me?"

The Emperor narrowed his eyes, just as he was about to move they heard a commotion outside the room.

It was a continued sound of clashing swords. De An, even though old, could still fight after he stole two swords from the enemy. The one was for him and the other one was for Eugene.

He swung the sword to the guy who attacked then kicked away the person on his left as he slashed the sword that cut the arm of the next person who attacked him.

"Quickly escape to the window!"

He could buy time but not that much.

Eugene didn't waste any more time as he randomly swung the sword while running towards the opened window. His body perfectly fit there as he easily got out. The soldiers who passed by De An's range chased after the youth but their armor can't fit through the window, thus they immediately turned and left the Palace.

For some unknown reason the knights at the Emperor's palace were never seen until the three who were left there were subdued and got thrown into prison without any chance to fight back.

"Your Majesty, what about that youth who escaped?"

The Butler asked, and he poured another cup of tea in the Archduke's cup. Lynn hasn't taken the throne yet the Butler already called him like that. Annoying bootlicker.

"Don't worry about him, there's someone who would take care of that."

Gasp.

Eugene didn't know how long and far he ran as he took a deep breath, he put his hands on his knees, beads of sweat flowed down from his forehead to his chin then it dropped on the ground.

He kept gasping as he looked behind him before finally letting out a sigh of relief when he saw no one was coming after him. Then he continued to move forward, he can't take a rest now, it's better for him to look for a place to hide because what if once he took a little rest those guys were already standing right in front of him.

He just walked without a proper destination, the only thing that was in his head was for him to escape and ask for help from others.

He used a sword to support his body as he stubbornly took a step with his tired legs that wanted to give up.

Then the leaves rustled which alarmed him as his tired body quickly got energized. He faced where the noise came from and pointed the sword there.

"W-who's there?!"

His hands were shaking, afraid it was an enemy and would catch him.

Then a familiar person came out which made him breathe another sigh of relief.

"Why do you look like that?"

Eugene put away the sword and said while walking towards the other party..

"There's people chasing me and, can you help me get help and save the Emperor?"

As he was about to smile having someone with him in the middle of trouble after he got closer to the other he suddenly felt the word spin as his vision was turning black.

Then he heard the others' voices with a hint of sadness that made Eugene in disbelief before he completely lost his consciousness.

"I'm sorry….."