Chapter 9

Your POV

I can see the Grand Hall's giant doors in view as I'm running towards it. I can hear Hiccup's rushing footsteps coming closer. I finally make it to the doors.

"Ha, I win!" I say jumping up and down in victory. When I stop I see Hiccup trying to catch his breathe.

"How are you so fast and have so much energy?" He asks in between breathes.

"You learn to get fast and have energy when your living in a cave and on a lonely island." I say walking through the giant doors with Hiccup slowly dragging behind.

As we entered the viking infested grand hall, everyone was singing and dancing.

"Is this normal?" I asked over the slightly loud music.

"Yea, once every week, vikings like to party." Hiccup says chucking a little bit. Man his chuckle just made me melt.

We was walking over to Hiccup's friends when a random viking grabbed me and Hiccup into the traditional dance circle. I just laughed as we danced. The music started to get faster and faster. My partners switching and switching over and over again. I close my eyes and let the music carry me and let my feet lead the way. When the music was reaching its end, the beat getting faster and faster. The last partner, the one that dances like a goofball. His hand on my waist and another hand within my right hand and my left on his shoulder.

I stare into the lovely forest green eyes that I could never forget. Auburn locks that you couldn't miss, and a crooked smile that always made my heart skip a beat. He smiles at me. And I return the warming gesture with a smile as well.

"Never knew you could dance." I say smirking at him. We release each other.

"Actually, neither could I. I saw people dancing the same dance for so many years, I guess it got memorized subconsciously." Hiccup stated chuckling a bit. He leads me once more over to his friends that was sitting and watching us the entire time. I can see them hiding giggles before Astrid got them to shut up.

"Hey guys, I'd like you to meet (y/n)." Hiccup said pointing to me.

"Hi, nice to meet you guys." I say nicely.

"Hi, I'm Ruffnut, and thats my twin brother, the idiot, Tuffnut." A girl with long blonde hair said pointing at a boy with similar features and blonde hair.

"I'm Fishlegs, I'm a dragon enthusiast, I love to learn." I slightly bigger fellow with blonde hair said.

"I'm Snoutlout, the sexy one, all the ladies can't resist this." A short, raven black hair says flexing his muscles. I can't help but say a slightly rude comment, but its funny so,

"What ladies, I don't see them anywhere." I say acting like I'm looking for them. Everyone at Hiccup's table start to die laughing, I can see Hiccup, he being chief, trying to hold back a laugh at my comment.

"And you've already met me (y/n), I'm Astrid, a dragon racer champion, a battle expert, and the strongest here." Astrid says all cocky like, but in a joking manner.

"Well that went great. You'll seem like a fun group to be in," I say. "I doubt there will ever be a dull moment."

"Yeah, well, they are something." Hiccup says scratching the back of his neck. We sit down after we get some food and I start to get to know the group.

I start with the twins, summary, they always argue, but a great duo overall.

Fishlegs, very intelligent about dragons, gets annoying about spitting out facts, but the second bets guy to about dragons. Right next to Hiccup.

Snoutlout, well, snobby, and annoying, but you can trust him.

The last person was Astrid and we clicked right away.

"So (y/n), how about a little, 3 round, competition?" Astrid asks.

"Yea sure, what are the categories?" I ask her.

"1st, hand to hand combat," Astrid says, holding up one finger while the group ooooo's and aaahhh's, and Hiccup just listening.

"2nd, weapon of choice fight," Astrid states again, with another oops and ah's from the group, except Hiccup.

"And lastly, but before I ask, do you have a dragon?" Astrid asks.

"Yea, her name is (d/n). And Hiccup told me she was a night fury." I say calmly. The group goes silent.

"You have a NIGHT FURY!" The group whisper yells all at the same time.

"Yea." I say calmly.

"Anyways, the last round is a dragon race, first to finish 3 laps with 10 points wins." Astrid says smirking.

"So do you accept my challenge?" Astrid questions. The group starts to stare at me while I ponder the offer.

"Astrid, challenge accepted." I say smirking at her.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

YAY UPDATE!

Lots of Love

-Invader