Chapter 65

Hiccup's POV

We sat on the ground, holding each other for about an hour before it started to get really late. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her off to bed. She had fallen asleep while we was holding on another. The gang stopped by too see how she was doing. I told them that she was fine and just needed more rest. Fishlegs and Astrid changed her bandages while she was asleep and applied some medicine to help the wound heal faster. When they left, I fed our dragons before heading up to her bedroom. 

She was sound asleep on her side. Astrid said, she had put (y/n) in some more comfortable clothing so she can move a bit easier while having the wound. She was covered up by her blanket, but I could see that Astrid had stolen my cloths and put them on her. She was wearing one of my green shirts. I loved how in engulfed her figure up. I sat in the chair I fell asleep in last night. I took my armor off and just left my pants on. I held her hand with one of my bandaged hands. 

Her hands was so soft and warm. I didn't want to let go. I took her small hand and engulfed it with both of my hands. I kissed her hand. When I did, she stirred a bit, but a smile was spread across her face. I smiled. 

I got up, and leaned over the bed. I kissed her on her forehead before returning downstairs. 

Before she fell asleep, she brought up our little quest. She said she wanted me to keep going and research even if she was still healing. I protested against it and said I can wait until she got better. I know she loves to solve puzzles so I was willing to put the quest on a hold, but she insisted. We bickered and bickered till I finally gave up. 

I had Toothless retrieve my materials over to her hut and when he came back, he laid them on the table for me. I kept searching through the family's history to find any event in Berk history and family history that involved the Reaper. 

There was only one event that gave any connection to the reaper and that was in the 3rd generation. The people on the Reaper had ambushed the Berkians and stole all their precious treasures. Even the chief was stolen from. It didn't list the item that was stolen although. But is was stolen from Smitus, the current chief who was in charge then.

"Ugh." I sig out. I close the book and just sit there pondering. So many questions ran through my head. 

Why did Jarkus have the idea of Dragons being friends? What changed his mind? Because he once was a ruthless killer of dragons, but then changed. If the Dragon Eye belonged to the Haddocks, what did they use it for? A puzzle for this 'chief with a heart of a chief and soul of a dragon' person? Did Smitus even try to get it back? Was the Dragon Eye connected to the 'creatures of the shadows'? So many question, yet no one to ask, and no where to even begin to look for answers. 

I soon started to feel drowsy from all the researching I was doing. I knew I didn't want to fall asleep here on the table. 

I closed the few books and journals I had and left them be as I made my ways upstairs. Toothless had followed close behind. When I entered I see (y/n) was still sound asleep along with (d/n) who was in the corner. Toothless made his way to (d/n) and cuddle up to her. I sat in my chairs and scooted it close to the bed. Half my body was laying on the bed while the rest just sat in the seat. I grabbed hold of (y/n)'s hand and squeezed it a little. I earned a squeeze back which earned a smile. 

I gave (y/n) a nose kiss, I chuckle quietly watching as she subconsciously scrunches up. I lay my head down and kiss her hand before letting darkness take over and bringing me into a peaceful state.

I'll be by your side no matter what (y/n).

No matter what.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE!!!

Lots of Love

-Sherbert