Chapter 76

Your POV

Valka and Fishlegs soon came after a few moments. Fishlegs took Hiccup from me as Valka assists him.

It's time to end this battle. 

My expression goes to pure anger as I drag Dagur's limp body over to the front of the boat. 

"Hey! Everyone STOP!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I had (d/n) send multiple roars to get everyone's attention. As everyone's gaze falls upon me, I hold Dagur's limp body up by his collar to show them. 

People of Berk yell and shout in victory. 

"People of the Berserker tribe! Your leader had fallen. Surrender yourself  now or face worse punishment than what you already have.!" I demand. Some Berserkers drop their weapons and hold their hands above their heads as some Berkians takes them to the jail. Others, but few, fought on and was shortly taken down by a dragon or a small group of Berkians. 

"Astrid and Snoutlout! Take note of those who oppose! And help take those who oppose to the lower jail cells to keep track!" I order. They nod and start to help with quarter sized group with them.

"Ruff, Tuff! Take care of the ones who surrendered peacefully and take note of those as well! Put them in the highest cells to keep track!" I order. They start to argue, but do as their told and also take a quarter sized group. I take a few vikings to come with me to move Hiccup to Gothi.

As I walk back, I see Valka helping Fishlegs with what they can do at the moment. As the small group of vikings pick up their wounded chief carefully I take hold of one of his hands and never let it go. 

Both (d/n) and Toothless following behind, helping to carry Hiccup. We hurry, but steadily make it up the steep mountain to Gothi's as she and Fishlegs go to work on Hiccup. 

He's still unconscious at the moment as they mend him. When he disappears into Gothi's little hut with Gothi and Fishlegs, I start to break down. 

I fall to my knees and start to sob and cry and scream. Valka, Toothless, and (d/n) are all quickly to my side as I start to have my panic attack. I close my eyes as hot, salty tears trail down my face leaving streaks down my cheeks. 

I see images of Hiccup's death, the village of Berk moping and slowly falling to chaos without a chief. Valka being burden to most likely take over. Toothless not having a rider and worse, not having his 'brother'. 

Worst of all. You'll be alone once more. Sure you'll have Berk, (d/n), the gang, and Valka. But you feel that you'll drive them away from you as you visit Hiccup's grave very often. 

"Valka I can't loose him...." I choke out in my sobs. Toothless and (d/n) start to purr to try to calm me down. 

"Your not going to loose him. I promise you that." Valka whispers as her embrace tightens around my figure. 

"I'm afraid you won't be able to keep that promise." I say looking up at her. 

"Right now.....it's his choice wether he lives or dies: whether he decides he wants to fight or to give up." I state. 

"He'll fight. He knows there's to many people here that will miss him. He knows he can't just leave his family and the village just yet when he still has much to do in the world." Valka proclaims.

"Most of all.....he knows he can't leave you. You mean to much to him. (y/n) dear, before you guys started to date he couldn't stop thinking about you. I could tell on his expression whenever he was with you, or when you left. You mean too much to him for him to just leave." Valka finishes.