Chapter 88

Hiccup's POV

The next room was a lot smaller, but still spacious enough for all of us to fit in. 

"One more trial then we get to the 'shadow palace'." I say looking over at (y/n). She's fidgeting with her hands while biting her lower lip. I place my hand on the side of her face and turn her to look at me. 

"Hey, calm down. Your doing fine alright. Breathe. I know your nervous and little anxious, but your doing great. One more trial alright." I comfort her. She stays silent and just nods. I place my other hand on her face and kiss her forehead. I grab her hand. We walk up to the next and finally stone head with the last trail written on it.

The final Trial.

One final test.

This is of your choice. 

Only the True Haddock will know.

The song of many.

But desired more by Haddocks.

This song holds meaning.

The song holds desire.

The song holds Love.

This is easy.

But the trick is...

You must do this while dancing.

Be aware. Your being watched.

"Your being watched?" I questioned. I felt a squeeze on my hand and saw (y/n) starting to get nervous.

"Hiccup, I can't sing, but I know what song it's talking about and it requires two people. Two people that love one another very dearly." She whispers looking down at her feet. I take my hand and lift her chin up to look me in the eye.

"There is nothing you can't do." I say smiling at her. I saw her give a hesitate nod.

"The song is 'For the Dancing and the Dreaming.' My parents sang it to each other all the time." She whispers.

"My parents did as well. So, let's sing it with all our might and just let our feet guide us.

I take one of her hands into mine while my other rests on her waist. Her other hand rests on my shoulder as we begin to move.

I start to whistle the tune of the song, just like my father did with my mom. We start to dance moving our feet in a square.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas. With ne'er a fear of drowning." I sing. I spin (y/n) around with a smile plastered on my face. I spin her into me and see her shy smile.

"And gladly ride the wave of life...If you will marry me,"  I sing. I spin her again where her back is against my chest while crossing her arms across her chest. 

"No scorching sun, Nor freezing, Will stop me on my journey." I sing. We start to sway side to side asa I continue to sing.  

"If you will promise me your heart. And love..." I stray off for (y/n) to pick up. 

"And love me for eternity," (y/n) starts off. I'm taken back for a moment by her voice. Like she's known this song from the bottom of her heart. Meaning every word she sings. 

She turns around and takes hold of both my hands as she looks into my eyes. I see a small smile creep it way onto her lips. 

"My dearest one, my darling dear. Your mighty words astound me," She sings. We start to circle each other with our hands intertwined.

"But I've no need of mighty deeds. When I feel your arms around me."  She sings. She spins, causing my arms to wrap around her body, resting on her stomach without our hands breaking. 

"But I would bring you rings of gold. I'd even sing you poetry." I sing. We start to hope from one foot to another, bouncing to the beat the dragons began to play. 

"And I'll keep you from all harm, if you will stay beside me." I continue. I spin her back around as we stand side by side, the other facing the opposite direction. We stare at each other for a moment before putting up our left arms and pressing our forearms together and start to circle, and bounce to the rhyme. 

"I no use for rings of gold, I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold." (y/n) continues. We switch opposite directions and continue to circle each other.

"I only want you near me!" I sing. I grab hold of her hand while wrapping my other around her waist pulling her into my chest. 

"To love to kiss to sweetly hold. For the dancing and the dreaming. Through all life's toils and delights,"  We sing in unison. We start to bounce and sway to the rthyme. 

"I'll keep your love beside me. I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the wave of life if you will marry me!" We finish with the position we started off with and breathed slightly heavily as we smile and stare into each other's eyes.

Suddenly the room shook. I grabbed (y/n) into a tight embrace as he dragon's wrapped themselves around us. We look ahead and saw a giant door open. The room seized as we take a moment to get out of the sudden shock.

"You know, I meant every word in the song." I whisper to her. I see her look at me out of the corner of her eye, before she could say anything, I grabbed her hand and lead the way through the door.

We've finally did it.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Made this extra long.

Hoped you enjoyed.

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE!!!!

Lots of Love

-Sherbert