Chapter 21

Your POV

Few Hours of Practicing and Failing

"Come on (d/n), dive spin!" I yell over the wind. She does as she is told and dives while spinning. We reach 20 feet from the ground before I tell her 'up'. She nailed it perfectly.

"Okay great job girl, now Drop Flip." I yell. She goes to do a flip, I unbuckle myself, and let myself fall off of her. not to long before I reach between the ground and the sky, (d/n) soars under me and catches me.

"Great job girl, we got those tricks down. Lets take a rest before we learn another. Okay?" I ask her. She bobs her head and point her where to land. Apparently, we landed in the cove that Hiccup comforted me in. Where he let spill my feeling out to him while he listened.

"Well girl, this is a good place to take a break right?" I ask her hoping off and placing my hands on my hips. She nods her head and turning yellow for happiness. She runs over to the small lake and starts to swim. I laugh at her excitement. I take a seat by the same molded shield I found before. I watch as (d/n) swims. She is a very good swimmer, I found that out today as we was practicing. She plunged into the ocean without me knowing, just for a fish she saw. That silly dragon.

(D/N) walked over to me and shook off he unnecessary water, right me.

"Ahh, (d/n) stop." I yell, laughing a bit, at her. She stops shaking she lays down beside me.

"(d/n), I think I like like Hiccup." I say, known no one will be around to hear it besides (d/n). She gives me this 'are you serious I already knew that before you did' look.

"What, I'm serious. He as done so much for us already, and he comfort me, I mean you comforted me before, but his was different. He didn't say a word as I let out all those 5 years of sorrow. Every time I see his green eyes, I see my mother's, but instead of making me cry, they make believe in hope. His eyes show me wonder, hope, curiosity, and........love." I say quietly saying the last part.

After sitting in a peaceful break I had a great idea.

"Hey! How about we make him a gift for treating us so well!" I exclaim.

(d/n) turnes a shade of orange to show curiosity.

"He said, back before we knew him, when we almost attacked him at our cave, I could hear interest in the tools that we had examined. Remember?" I ask.

(d/n) nods her head in understanding turning a slight yellow in excitement and happiness.

"Well, our cave is too far to get more crystals, but I do remember packing some crystals and some materials we would need to make at least one tool. But what kind of tool should we make him?" I ask myself.

We sit a while before (d/n) starts to draw in the dirt with a broken tree. Its hard to tell what she was drawing, but once you get to know how she draws and what she draws, you can understand the scribbles. When she as finished she showed a drawing of shield.

"Oh, thats perfect, I remember Fishlegs telling me that Hiccup lost a good shield. It was made of gronkle iron, but the crystals we found was slightly stronger than gronklle iron from what I studied.

"Okay, I think I got plenty of crystals to make the shield, we just need to ask Gobber for a shield to let the crystal take a shape. And we'll work from there." I say.

(d/n) lets me hope on her while I was rambling on.

"Okay, we'll work on tricks tomorrow. Lets head to Gobber's workshop right now." I say and (d/n) takes off.

Hiccup's POV

I've been in my workshop in Gobber's blacksmith/dragon density for awhile trying to make the necklace. I told Gobber what I was doing and making him swear not to tell anyone. Especially (y/n).

I was working on the chain at the moment when I heard Gobber talking to a girl. Although it wasn't just some girl.

It was (y/n). What is she doing here?! I have to get out of here before she sees me. She thinks I'm at a meeting.

I can hear them going through the shop. I quietly make my way to the backway entrance and call Toothless and fly off before anyone can notice.

What is she doing at Gobber's workshop? I though she was training. What is she doing?

Gobber's POV

Hiccup told me he was making a necklace for (y/n) as a welcome gift, but I knew there was more than that behind it. Although I heard a whistle and I'm think it was Hiccup leaving once he realized (y/n) was here. He didn't want her to know he was here. (y/n) on the other hand wanted to make Hiccup a shield and was wondering if she could come by here tomorrow to work on it. And she didn't want me to tell Hiccup about.

Well great minds think alike right.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Great mind do think alike Gobber.

Lots of Love

-Sherbert