Chapter 84

Your POV

After a while the whole game sets course to Mount Valhalla. Hiccup told me they name sit after Valhalla because their folklore told them that it was so high up, that it touches the heavens.

The more and more we climb in altitude, the colder and colder it gets. Between the twins fighting, Snoutlout's complaining, and me shivering every 5 minutes, I think I wish I packed an extra coat. 

We finally reached a league that had a big enough clearing on it for everyone to land. 

"Alright, everyone remembers-" Hiccup begins, but I shut him out as I look around on the ledge.

'Jarkus? What would you have done, if you was to hide something so valuable?'

I walked around the ledge with (d/n) following me as I hugged myself tighter and tighter. I start to hear Snoutlout argue with Hiccup, but once again I block it out. The wind picks up a little more, sending a chill down my spine. I lean up against the mountain wall and huddle up to (d/n). 

Few moments later the wind picks up, making a small blizzard.

'I better have the others start to huddle up.' I tell (d/n) to make roars and growls to get everyone else over to where I am. I can barely see through all the snow, until I see familiar figures come. All our dragons instinctually wrap around us keep us warm.

"Snoutlout, we don't have time to argue, alright, I've already made it clear. You guys stay out here, while me and (y/n) head in. That's an order." Hiccup demands. 

Snoutlut starts to pout and mumble to himself. I giggle a little and cuddle up to Hiccup and little more. He wraps an arms around me, bringing me into his lap. 

There is silence as we wait through the small blizzard thinking it'll let up soon, but it just gets worse. 

I signal (d/n) to give us some light, when she does I see something shiny when she did. I move away from Hiccup and into the center of our dragon circle. I pull out my sword and light it to where I can see it more clearly. 

I rub the snow and some ice away when I see a single stone with writing on it, written in black.

The Test of Brawn

Brawn shows our physical ability.

Show your skill,

for what likes ahead shows hostility.

First Test.

Move the stone that hides your desire.

Catch it with fire.

Their was two swords engraved at the bottom along with some holes below it.

I read he stone, along with everyone else.

"Fire?" I question.

Hiccup gets up from where he was and starts to search around our area.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"There has to be something, like a hole where maybe one of dragons can shot a blast into it to maybe switch a lever or something." Hiccup says patting the the mountain wall. I look at my sword and think back to the keyhole in the secret cave I found. 

The task needed a key, but we need some brute force in able to actually turn the key. But got it when we hit the switch. I unleashed my blade and set it on fire again. The area was more seeable now than before so I started to look around as well. The gang told their dragons to have a low flame so we can see even more. We searched our tiny little area for something, but found nothing.

"Nothing's here! It might be outside of this circle, but it's too dangerous to go out there." Fishlegs proclaimed. 

Everyone start to engage into a plan to start again, but I kept searching in our little area, along with Hiccup. We both knew, something wasn't right. I went back and looked at the two holes at the bottom.

"Hiccup hand me your sword." I ask.

He obliges as I unleash his sword along with mine. I insert my  sword into one of the holes and it fitted perfectly. Too perfectly.

Same goes for Hiccup's, then I heard it.

Click.

The stone started to turn as everyone goes silent. The stone turned and turned revealing a spiral stairwell descending down into the mountain. We all looked at each other and descended down into the mountain. 

Praying to the Gods that we may pass the other trails.

1 down. 3 left.

But, they'll have to be all on me and Hiccup with the help of our dragons of course. 

"(d/n), I feel like something big is about to smack in the face so hard with answers." I whisper. She nods her head as we descend farther into the deep abyss. 

Unknown POV

'The first trail as been completed. 3 more left.'

'We will be free once more, and take our freedom that we have waited so long for.'

'Come saviors and free us from the shadows.'

/\\/\/\/\/\

Okay, quick little note about updates.

They'll most likely will not be posted until like really late because of school and volleyball.

HEADS UP!!!

But, hoped ou enjoyed.

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE!!!!

Lots of Love

-Sherbert