Chapter 22

Your POV

"What was that noise?" I questioned. I heard a whistle and the sound of wings.

"Oh, I'm sure it was nothing deary, don't worry about it. Now any who! Now why you wantin' to make Hiccup a shield?" Gobber asked.

"Oh, yea. The reason I was wanting to make him a shield was because I want to give him something for letting me stay here for awhile and caring for me too. Fishlegs told me about how he used to have shield until it was destroyed so I though I could make him a new one out of these crystals I have." I say holding out the crystals to let Gobber take a look.

"Why lassy, these crystals are a beauty, but how are you going to get them to take shape of this yer' shield? This particular crystal need alot of heat to melt." Gobber stated.

"Thats what (d/n). She was able to melt some to put on her saddle, see?" I say showing Gobber (d/n)'s crystal encrested saddle.

"Why lassy! Did ye make this yourself?! Its amazing!" Gobber exclaimed taking in every detail of the saddle.

"WHy yes I did. Now how about it. Are you willing to help me with this shield, but you have to kep it a secret from everyone, epecially Hiccup!" I ask.

"Yes lassy I will. Do you wish to start now or tomorrow?" Gobber asked.

"How about tomorrow evening, me and (d/n) want to do a little more training before we have a competition with Astrid which in 4 more days. So how about tomorrow evening?" I ask.

"Sounds good to me lassy." Gobber says.

"I'll see you later Gobber, I've already missed dinner. And its getting late. I'll see you tomorrow Gobber." I say waving goodbye and hoping on (d/n).

"Bye lassy." I hear Gobber say before I flew off.

As I was flying I take in the view of the night sky. Tonight was a full moon, where the moon was at its brightest. I could see some clouds just about to cover the moon's light. Tonight reminder me of when I used to star gaze with my dad. He taught me a lot of things like the stars and the constellations.

I miss him. And mom.

We flew for awhile longer and finally made it back to the Haddock household. I opened the doors to enter and (d/n) runs passed me once we're inside. I nearly fall off my balance, face first, until someone catches me. I feel strong arms around my torso holding me up from falling. When I regain my balance, I turn to see my favorite person.

Hiccup.

"Oh hey, thanks for catching me." I say. As he finally lets go of my torso, I feel a bit empty without his hands holding me.

"Oh, uh, no problem (y/n). So how did your dragon training go?" He asked walking over to the couch with me trailing behind.

"Oh, uh, it went great. What about you? How was the meeting?" I asked. We sat down in front of the fireplace on the couch while (d/n) and Toothless was nearly asleep nest to each other. I could see (d/n) turn a slight pink, before turning her normal peaceful gray color. I laugh mentally at her cute little crush she has developed on Toothless.

"Oh it went well. I actually got to come home a bit earlier than expected. I thought I'd be at least midnight getting home, but it let out early today. Although I have another meeting tomorrow." Hiccup states.

"Oh well, hope it goes well. So where your mom? Is she asleep already?" I asked.

"Oh yea. She usual goes to bed real early if there are no dragon troubles." Hiccup says. When he says this, I yawn. It was pretty late.

"Someones tired." Hiccup says with an amused grin.

"Yea, your right there Haddock. I'm going to bed. Goodnight Hiccup." I say standing. I don't bother to wake (d/n) to come with me upstairs to our room. She looks to peaceful with Toothless.

"Goodnight (y/n) I'm going to bed as well." Hiccup says. We say our final goodnights and I head upstairs.I decide I would take a quick warm, little, bath before bed.

BATH SKIP

After getting out, I slip into my nightgown Valka let me use. It was a real light silky material that was white and it fitted me perfectly. It was quite comfortable because its getting real hot lately in Berk. Val says its just that time of the year where they get a week out of the month heat current in the summer.

"Dang, I'm pretty thirsty. A cup a water should fix that. I should be quiet though, Hiccup and Valka are most likely asleep." I say to myself quietly.

I walk downstairs quietly as possible into the kitchen and grab a small cup and fill it with water. As I was on my way back to my room, Hiccup's room, I bump into a toned chest which nearly cause me to scream and almost drop my cup, until a hand goes over my mouth and steadies my shaking hand which hold the cup.

"Sssh. It just me (y/n)." Hiccup whispers. After I stand still for moment to process everything, I calm down my my jump scare he gave me and give him a small nod. He removes his hands. Thats when I noticed he was shirtless again. I tried my hardest to hide the blush, but it came anyways.

Good thing it was pretty dark.

"I thought you went to bed?" We both asked at the same time in a whisper.

"Wait you go first." Hiccup whispered quietly.

"After taking a quick bath, I came downstair to get a cup of water. I thought you and Valka was asleep so I was extra quiet." I whisper stated.

"What about you?" I whispered asked.

"I went to change cloths." Hiccup quietly stated.

"Oh well, I guess goodnight. And thanks for not letting me scream my lungs out from your jumpscare." I quietly thanked Hiccup.

"No problem, goodnight." Hiccup whispered with a smile and I returned the gesture. I walked back upstairs and feel a pair of eyes on me, as if I'm being watched. I shake it off and go to bed once my head hits the pillow.

With Hiccup's shirtless self last in mind.

Dang was he pretty toned.

Hiccup's POV

She scared me there for a second. Good thing I didn't let her scream though.

Although she does look good in a nightgown.

Good gods, I need to tell her how I feel, or I'm going to explode. When I stopped her hand form shaking, her hands was so soft and when I felt her lips on my hand they were just as soft. Man, how much I just want to kiss her.

Cursed shyness and awkwardness I possess.

With this thought I fall asleep.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Night encounter shall we.

Please leave a Comment if you enjoyed and don't forget to Vote!!!

Lots of Love

-Sherbert