Chapter 25

Your POV

As the race went on, me and (d/n) was behind with points. Like very much. Astrid has 9 sheep with me 0. Zip, zero, zilch, na da.

We are now starting the 3rd lap, I've tried my tricks on Astrid, but she pretty much owned me on them, anytime I did them to her, she evaded them, but when she did them to me, she excelled in them.

She's really good, but I bet she learned from Hiccup. I heard Gobber telling me how he racially invented the tricks Astrid and I know of.

When I'm knocked out of my thoughts by a loud horn.

The Black Sheep is being released.

"Okay (d/n) this is our last chance. Are you ready?" I ask. She nods her head and knows what we are about to do.

Of course Astrid finds the black sheep first and races off to the finish line. Me and (d/n) position ourselves high above her. I slide down (d/n) back onto her tail as she launches me higher into the air. (d/n) flies down into Astrid view and blows a bright white blast causing her and her dragon, Stormfly, to be blinded. I land on the back of Stormfly, without them noticing. Before Astrid could regain her sight again I grabbed the black sheep from her grasp and hope back on (d/n) who flew lower than the opponent. As I fall, I barely miss the saddle on (d/n), and nearly fall off. Gasps was heard from the crowd then cheers as I was able to get right back on the saddle and still have a good grip on the sheep.

Me and (d/n) fly as fast as we can with Astrid right on our tail. We get closer and closer to the net when.... I send the black sheep right into my designated basket. The crowds goes wild as I throw my fists in the air and give a mighty victory cry. (d/n) shoots a white blast in the air in show of happiness.

When we land, Astrid lands right behind us.

"Hey (y/n) nice flying. And neat trick you came up with. Got to teach me that some time alright." Astrid says giving me a hug.

"Of course anytime." I say. When we separate Hiccup comes into view.

"People of Berk, here is your winner." Hiccup announces taking my hand and raising it in the air. The crowd goes wild.

After awhile the people start to leave until its just me and Hiccup. I decided I'd help clean up the mess with Hiccup. Astrid said Stormily needed to be fed and a bath so she left.

It was getting dark, but I didn't mind, I love the night time. The moon especially.

"Hey (y/n)." I hear Hiccup call for me. I turn to see him walking over towards me.

"Oh hey Hiccup, did you get your side of the arena finished?" I ask.

"Oh yea, you?" He asks.

"Yea." I state.

"You gave me a worry there when you nearly fell off (d/n)." He says. He worries about me. No, he must worry about a lot of people, he is chief after all.