Chapter 61

Your POV

We walked over to Fishlegs' place and I looked over at the wounded Speed Stinger.

"Oh, (y/n), this is the Speed Stinger I told you about before. We helped him a few years back." Hiccup says.

"Oh, I see. Well, let's help him again." i say smiling. 

We walked in to see Fishlegs lost in thought along with Astrid sitting next to him. 

"Hey. We have a wounded Speed Stinger. He's got a gash on his side. One go his pack members had challenged him, looked like, and he got hurt in the process while the challenger well...." Hiccup cut off. 

Oh. 

"Ah, yes well place him over here, we'll get right to his procedure." Fishlegs says. Me and Hiccup gently take the the Speed Stinger off Toothless's back and gently lay him on the wooden table. We left the hut right when the Twins brought water. 

"So what of we do for the time being?" I asked.

"I don't know. We could go over that riddle from yesterday." Hiccup suggests.

I nod as we fly over to his hut. 

Hiccup's POV

When we get to my place, we dismount and our dragons go and play with each other. I grab my family history book and the map with the riddle on lay it out on the floor for a full scale view. I sit on one side while (y/n) lays down on the opposite side. 

"So, before I went to bed, I found out that it was the second generation of the Haddocks it was talking about. The 'king' was Jarkus Haddock. And the 'son' was Smitus Haddock. Apparently Jarkus was thinking Dragons could be friends, the village thought he was crazy for it. So they turned to his son. When the did, he had the total opposite 'idea' of dragons. But I think secretly, he knew they could be friends know, but also knew that only the Haddocks could know about this dark secret. That is up until today." I say scratching the back of my neck nervously. 

"So we know then it was talking about the Haddocks for a fact just about. So what about the where their secret is located?" (y/n) asked.

"That I don't know. It says that only a chief with a heart of a Chief and the soul of a dragon. So I think that it means, that until someone from the Haddock saw the same 'idea' Jarkus and Smitus thought can help the 'Creatures of the Shadows'. I say. 

"Let me see you family's history book." She says. I hand her the book. She starts to flip through it while I think on what some other parts of the riddle mean. 

So 'a place beyond enemy lines' will most likely be within the village. And the 'place of refuge and safety' will be the most protected place in the village. That's either the Chief's home or the Grand Hall. 

"Okay, so after looking through this, the generation after Smitus, killed every kind of dragon, didn't matter, if it was big and breathed something deadly, it was dead to them. Hiccup, I have to say that your that person that riddle talks about. I don't think your father knew about any of that." (y/n) speaks. 

"Okay, if that's true, then like it says in the riddle, 'a place beyond enemy lines, is a place of refuge and safety' for the 'shadows'. I was thinking that this 'place' is hidden where the most protected spot is in the village. So most likely the Chief's home. But the question is still where." I state.

"Hiccup, the more and more we get into this, the more I feel like maybe your family hid the Night Fury species. I mean 'creatures of the shadows'. I practically screams Night Fury. What if Jarkus knew that in the near future that since the Night Fury is one of the most wanted creatures in viking history, he hid and protected the species from the world." (y/n) says. She looks up at me. 

I stay silent. She's right. The more we get into this, the more I get the feeling that my family was braver than I thought for a possibility of them protecting one of the most endangered species. 

"If that's so, then Smitus, must have never told anyone else of his father's secret. Since he needed to keep that secret, he would have to prove to them he was on the village's side. So he would have to teach his kids of the 'treachery' of dragons so that the secret can be kept and never found again until someone had the same feeling about dragons being friends." I say.

"There's still one thing I don't understand though." (y/n) says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"If this was a Haddock secret, in the Dragon's Eye which lead to this book and island, how did the Dragon's Eye end up in the Reaper?" She asked.

I never thought of that.

Hoe did it end up on the Reaper?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hoped you enjoyed this Chapter.

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE!!!!!

Lots of Love 

-Sherbert