Chapter 52

(A/N: Chapter 51 was meant to be up yesterday, but in some way I forgot to post it? What is wrong with me, but your getting two updates total today so hope you enjoy.)

1 Day Later

Your POV

This morning, I was feeling so much better than yesterday. That medicine really helped me. Thank you Fishlegs, and your big brain. 

The first thing I did after getting up and getting dressed and having a small breakfast, I wanted just me  and (d/n) to have a day out. Just me and her like ole times. I saddle her up and we took off before anyone could stop us. I decided we should go exploring the island since we haven't yet since we've been here. 

We flew high in the clouds then I unbuckled myself and we fell towards the ocean. We was currently on the Eastern side of the island and when we was 10 feet from the ocean, (d/n) swooped in and caught me. As we was flying vertically upwards against the islands cliff side I noticed a strange cave. I stopped (d/n) and had her land on the ledge of it. 

"What is this place, I barely noticed it as we was flying." I says to myself, but (d/n) responds with a grunt response. We walk into the cave with (d/n) giving a low flame for us to be able to see. I had taken noticed of the strange. I took a closer look at the carvings on the wall to see they was similar to the Night Fury images on the slide of the Dragon's Eye, that's weird, yet interesting. 

"(d/n), doesn't these look a lot like the images from the Dragon's Eye?" I asked her. She nods her head.

"This is just a weird crazy coincidence." I state out loud. We walked further into the cave to see the end of it. 

"Well, I guess that's all that's in her girl. But something doesn't feel right." I say to her. I walk up to the wall and just start to feel it. Thats when my hand comes across a non-noticeable button that blended in to the wall. I pushed it in to fins it replaced with a key hole of some sort. I have (d/n) make a brighter  flame and she obeys. When I see the key hole it was a familiar shape. 

"Okay, we have to get to Hiccup and fast." I say I hope on (d/n) and we fly out of the cave and back to the outpost as quickly as possible. 

We land on Hiccup's hut. 

"Hiccup! I need to talk to you. I found something really weird!" I call out. I didn't get a response. I walked further into the hut until lI got jump scared by Hiccup.

"Oh hey (y/n)." Hiccup says. 

"AHHHHHHHH, Gods Hiccup, you just snuck up on me." I exclaim. 

"Well sorry about that." He says planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Well, what's up? I see your feeling better." Hiccup says placing his journal aside and leaning on his desk.

"I found something really strange and really weird. Alright. So me and (d/n) was just flying around when I saw a cave. I barely even saw it cause we was going to fast. I don't know what came over me, but I wanted to check it out so I did. When we walked into the cave there was these carvings on the walls similar to Dragon's Eye specifications on the Night Fury. When I walked further into the cave I came upon a dead end. I started to feel around the wall when I found this camouflaged button. When I pushed it a keyhole appeared." I say.

"Wait, you found a weird cave?" He gestures with his hands.

"Yes, so I hurried back to tell you and only you cause I don't know if I'm going crazy or if it might have something to do with the Dragon's Eye in some way." I say. I started to shakeout how ridicules I sounded. 

"Okay, let me see this cave." He said. We mounted up and we flew to where I found the cave. But the opening was gone?!

"No I swear it was here!" I exclaim landing on the same ledge we found early.

"Are you sure it was here?" Hiccup asked landing beside (d/n).

"Yes, I'm positive." I say started to bang my fists on the clearly non-cave wall. 

What is going on. I stop banging and just rest my forehead on the wall. What am I missing?

I recall something I read on the wall.

'Vault hidden, vault seen, only a map, can help you too see, or a keen eye can spot the opening. If others pursue, use the map, hidden with the light to find the cave once more.'

Another stupid riddle.

Okay, so where was the light? I know the light was the Dragon's Eye, so this 'map' must have been with it. So where did Hiccup find the Dragon's Eye?

"Hiccup, where'd you find the Dragon's Eye?" I asked looking at him dead in the eye.

"Um, on board the Ripper." He stated. The Ripper, the so called ship that Hiccup said had dead Dragon bones and dragon cages. Vikings number one enemy used to be Dragons. So whoever found the Dragon's eye before us must have found the map too.

"Take me too it." I state.

"What?!" Hiccup exclaimed.

"Take me too it. In the cave it said there was a map with the 'light' in the darkness, whoever had owned the Dragon's Eye before you, was on board a dragon killing ship. They was trying to find the vault. They had a map that showed it. It said so in the Cave. 'Only a keen eye can see it, but if they want to prove it, use the map that is with the light.' Its stated something like that." I say. I look at him in the eye.

"(y/n), that ship is too dangerous to go on, especially by yourself." He stated holding my shoulders.

"Thats why your going with me, you the only one who knows what the inside of the ship look like." I state holding his shoulders. i look him dead in the eye and show that I was begging him to take me to the Ripper. He stared at me for a few moments before letting out a sigh.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." He mumbled. 

"Yes!" I say in victory. 

"But, stay close alright." He stated. I nodded and we mounted up. To see it was still early morning, Hiccup said we should get there by noon and be back before the sun sets.

2 Hours Later

When we arrived at the abandoned ship I had shivers going down my back at the half sunken ship. We landed on the ripest end above the ship and made our way carefully down the side with the help of our dragons and entered below the deck. When We did, I noticed traps that was already set off.

I looked at Hiccup and he gave me a cheeky grin. He did say he was the only one below its deck. We made our way to the office Hiccup said he found the Dragon's Eye. When we entered the room, I saw the desk with an axe stuck in it.

Hiccup.

I made my way over too it and started to rummage through the drawers. I saw papers on killings, new men, supply lists. Then I started to give up hope that I was wrong, I couldn't find the 'map' I needed. I  stood in front of the desk just pondering. 

'If I was a dragon hunter and captain of the ship, I knew not to trust my crew mates, so I would hide something of value to me, but where?' I thought. I started to feel around on the desk to find any weird buttons or levers or something. When I walked behind the desk and beside the old skeleton I see there was a ring attached to a chain around the neck that was missing a skull. I look around the desk to find the same insignia on the side of the desk that was barely noticeable. I grabbed the ring when Hiccup looked at me with a shocked expression.

"What in Thor's name are you doing?" He said ruffling his hair in worry, I didn't answer him and placed the insignia on the ring and into the indention on the desk and turned. 

Click.

Success. When I heard the 'click' something popped from the desk like a secret drawer. I pulled it out to find what I was looking for.

The Map.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Crap. My fingers hurt.

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't Forget to COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE!!!!!!!!!

Lots of Love

-Sherbert