Chapter 59

Next Morning

Hiccup's POV

I woke up feeling movement. I opened one of my eyes to see (y/n) trying to get out of my grip. She doesn't notice I'm awake so I just tighten my grip on her with a smirk on my face.

"Stubborn Viking." I hear her whisper. 

"Why yes I am stubborn and a viking, but I don't want the warmth coming from you to leave me so quit squirming." I chuckle 

She jumps a bit seeing how I'm awake. I just pull her on top of me and wrap my arms around back and just hold her. I kiss her nose and laugh as she scrunches up. She giggles at me and gives me a peck on the lips. She lays her head on my chest while I kiss the top of her head. We lay there together for a few more moments before I sit up.

"Now we have to get up, as much as I hate to, we have to." I say. She groans and just sits up in my lap lays her head on my shoulder. I laugh at her childish behavior. I flip us over so I'm on top of her and both hands our by her head. I kiss her on the lips and I feel her hands play with my hair. We break for hair and we finally get up. We get dressed and I feed Toothless while Snoutlout is feeding (d/n). Today's his last day cause (y/n) misses playing (d/n) and teasing her with her food so he's glad. 

"So what are we doing today Mr. Haddock?" (y/n) asks. 

"Well going over that book we found and second don't call me Haddock." I state. She giggles and grabs the book from my desk as we meet the others by the dome. When we're all there we start our discussion. 

"Okay let's start. Me, Fishlegs and (y/n) found out a lot just in 1 third  of the book. Let's begin." I state.

BOOK READING SESSION SKIP

"Okay, everyone get all the information they needed?" I asked. We was able to get through the rest of the book while I had everyone take notes on importance perks of their own dragon. I even got the twins and Snoutlout to. Maybe they just are might maturing. Thank Odin.

"Yes." Everyone says in unison. Everyone, but me and (y/n) was able to get information on our own dragons because the book held nothing about Night Furies. 

"Okay, we'll go one by one to be sure, Fishlegs." I state pointing to Fishlegs.

"A Gronkle can make Gronkle iron is they eat rocks from the sandy beaches and ....." This continued on with everyone else. Everyone was with their dragons can do that they didn't even know. 

By the time we finished the book and with everyone's info it was dawn. (y/n) was looking through the new book once again for the 4th time now. I walk over and sit next to her by the entrance while the gang brags to each other and argue who's dragon is better. 

"Hey you." I say.

"Hey." She says blankly while reading through the book. I snatch the book from her and keep it away from her.

"Hiccup." She whines. I'm holding the book by it's back cover while theres dangles. She reaches for it, but I hold it out farther from her. She reaches for it more and more times, but fails each time.

Your POV

After each fail attempt to get the book back I just sit crossed legged staring at him with a pout. He makes a goofy face at me and I return the favor. When I take a glance at the book I see a tiny bump on it. I tackle Hiccup to the ground and finally grab the book. I grab his small knife from his leather knife older thingy he has. 

"Now what are you doing?" He asks. I don't answer him as I start to cut the back cover open. He starts to protest, but I ssh him. When I cut it open a tiny folded up paper fell out. Me and Hiccup looked at each other. Hiccup calls the gang over as I stand. I pass the book to Fishlegs has he holds it. I unfold the tiny piece of paper to unfold to a huge map. Man, whoever folded it, had some skills.

"What is it?" Snoutlout asks.

"It's a map." I says blankly. 

"Wait there's something on the back." Astrid states. 

I flip it over and lay it on the ground to see yet another riddle.

'Where the Palace of Shadows lies 

Is a place beyond enemy lines. 

A place of refuge and safety,

Is where the creature that hid in the shadows go. 

The Palace is hidden where one King of those who thought dragons of friends,

A King who was once was a brave leader, but was overthrown by his people for his crazy idea.

This man had a son who became the new leader that also protected the shadows in a place only a chief would know.

In secret the son ruled and protected the shadows from further harm. But lead a tyranny against any other creature to uphold his father's secret.

A place that holds the ultimate secrets. 

A place only a chief who has the heart of  Chief, but the Soul of a dragon would know.'

We all looked at Hiccup who was just thinking.

"Hiccup?" I say. He looks at me. 

"I think this riddle is about your family. And that they had a secret all this time. Hiccup, I think your family protected the 'creatures of the shadows' and didn't let anyone know." I say.

"But why would they?" He asked. 

Good question. 

Why would they?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

My power's back YAY!!

Hoped you enjoyed.

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE!!!!!

Lots of Love

-Sherbert