chapter thirty four

i didn't initially plan for this plot twist but it's here now. who doesn't love a bit of drama

•••

week three

"it's simple baby, see?" Natasha spoke plainly pointing to the current worksheet i was working on.

"um no, unlike you Professor i don't see it" I sassed back earning a light slap to my bicep. "what, i'm 19 and it's only the third week of college. i'm learning Russian quickly but other subjects are more difficult" I whined bowing my head, feeling frustrated i couldn't work through this.

"oh honey, i'm sorry. maybe it's time for a break?" Natasha cooed rubbing my back. We had been working on my homework for the past couple of hours, so maybe a break is what i needed.

I nodded sighing as i sat back meeting Natasha's gaze. She sent me a sweet smile as her hand moved to my thigh lightly rubbing it. "what do you want to do? eat something? watch a movie? draw?" She raised her eyebrow as she listed off options.

"ummmmmm there is this other drawing i'm getting close to finishing" Natasha nodded as i continued. "maybe i'll even show it to you once it is. i mean, if i get the same reaction i did last time, i think i wanna show you all my drawings" Natasha chuckled leaning forward to peck my cheek.

"do you want something to eat? i can make us some peanut butter sandwiches" My smile grew at the mention of Natasha's signature dish.

"i would love a peanut butter sandwich" Natasha hummed, she went to speak again before my phone cut in ringing.

"sorry, let me just-" I spoke as i picked my phone up flipping it over seeing who was calling me. I froze the moment i saw the contact name. Natasha turned to look at who it was and why i was so stunned.

"who's Taylor?" Natasha asked after reading the contact name. I'm honestly not even sure why i still have her contact on my phone. I guess i'm not really one of those people that deletes contacts, even ex's.

"m-my ex" I simply reply, staying in my shocked state.

"you're what?" I turned my head to meet Natasha's confused expression before i dropped my phone and quickly stood up.

"why would your ex be calling you?" I shrugged stepping away from the table as my phone continued to ring out.

"i-i don't know, i haven't spoke to her since..." I stopped mid sentence as i turned my back to Natasha.

"Since?" Natasha asked as she also stood up slowly walking over to me.

"since i saw her with her tongue down some sluts throat at my high school graduation" I spat turning to face Natasha's now slightly scared expression. "i'm sorry, i just- she broke my heart in the worst way and now what? she's calling me? why?" I rambled feeling all those old emotions bubbling up as i slowly started to tear up.

"fuck, why am i crying. i hated that bitch i should have been thankful she gave me a reason to break up with her. oh god, fuck off" I whined vigorously wiping my face as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"hey, honey, calm down. it's okay to be upset she broke your trust even if she was a bitch, cheating is one of the worst things you can do to your partner" Natasha cooed cupping my cheeks.

I nodded sniffling a little as she stroked my cheeks. "i-i loved her, even though she treated me like shit the whole two years we were together. she manipulated me into doing things and- and tried changing who i was as a person" I ranted. "i knew what she was doing but i just- i couldn't end it- i didn't- i didn't want to" I confessed as Natasha moved her hands down to stroke my arms.