chapter one hundred and fourteen

hello! okay i've got 4 more chapters until the book is over. it's bitter sweet but i hope you have all enjoyed the story so far and are happy with how i plan to go end it 🤗

•••

~ six months later ~

The chime of Coach Matthews whistle rang letting us know it was time. It was the end of the year and we were about to play our last game.

"alright lady's, i just want to say a big congratulations for getting to the finals" Coach Matthews started causing the team to erupt with celebration.

"okay okay" Matthews chuckled waving her hands around trying to calm us. "it goes without saying but let's have a good game. keep it clean of course lady's but let's take home the trophy" Matthews finished raising her arms up signalling us to make noise.

Once we had warmed up and stretched we began the game. The game started out slow, the other team was quite good.

However after a few missed attempts i scored the first goal of the night. My teammate screamed running up to me and immediately hoisting me up.

"guys calm down, it's the first goal!" They all chuckled letting me down as they patted me on the back.

"let's get back to the game lady's" Coach Matthews shouted from the side lines.

As the game continued the other team scored goal after goal. Well they scored three goals before one of my teammates was able to get another one for us.

From then on no goals were made until just before half time. A goal scored by myself actually, one which i must admit was quite impressive.

With about 10 seconds until half time i was legging it up to the other teams goal. Samantha one of my teammates was kicking the ball up along the other side of the field.

I saw the other team members coming towards Samantha eyeing the ball. I called out catching her attention allowing her to perfectly pass the ball to me before the other team collided with her.

It was like everything went in slow motion after that. I watched as the ball rolled over to me with ease. The other teams members were frantically running towards me but it was too late.

I kicked my leg perfectly timing it to hit the ball once it got to me. I kicked it with so much force i actually slid over. It was alright though because i was still able to watch as the ball swiftly went into the goal.

The other teams goalie tried her best to block it but since she was anticipating Samantha to attempt at sourcing a goal. This meant when i shot the goal the ball went to the opposite side of the net, rolling straight in.

I fell back with a huge smile on my face as my teammates all ran over to me. "Y/n!!" They shouted as i slowly stood up allowing them to crash into me.

After some hugs and celebrating we headed over to the side lines to have some half time snacks. Yes we haven't won yet but at least we're tied now, better chance of us winning the whole game.

We snacked on oranges and gatorade as we revised strategies to win. I looked around at the stands until i met that beautiful pair of green.

I smiled at the fact Natasha was already looking at me. She gave me a little wave and a nod as her smile grew.

That was until one of my teammates shock me out of my trance. "what?" I groaned turning to them.

"half times up" I gasped giving her a nod as i quickly skulled the rest of my drink.