chapter eighty eight

hi 😅 soooo i'm completely smitten, i just can't get enough of the girl i'm talking to. we're stuck together

•••

week seven

~ saturday morning ~

I was just about to head down to the field for soccer practice when my phone started ringing. I stopped momentarily to pull it out of my bag seeing that it was Natasha calling me.

"hi Natty" I greeted cheerfully continuing to skip down the stairs.

"good morning my love. are you off to soccer practice?" I hummed getting all giddy hearing Natasha say 'my love'.

"yes, i'm heading down now. am i still coming to yours after?" Natasha made an 'ahhh' noise of uncertainty. I slowed down suddenly feeling upset that she didn't want me to come over anymore.

"do you not want me to come over?" I asked before she had the chance to reply or give me an explanation.

"oh god, sweetheart no of course i want you to come over. it's just i may have forgotten one small detail about this weekend" Natasha somewhat panted.

"auntie Nat!" I heard i want to say a child shout through the phone.

"i'm coming honey! um okay so i forgot that i agreed to babysit my best friends little ones. so i've got two kids at mine this weekend" I stayed silent for a moment as Natasha continued. "i would really love for you to still come over but i'll understand if you don't want to anymore"

"I still want to come over, two kids isn't going to change that. i'm actually really good with kids so i'll be able to help" I spoke confidently jumping from the last three steps.

"you're amazing. i love you. oh um i won't be able to pick you up i'm sorry, i'll pay for the Uber for you though" Natasha spoke quickly clearly she was trying to hurry this conversation along. Not in a rude way in a i've got two kids i'm looking after and need to go way.

"no no, i'll pay for it. you don't need to worry. i'll let you go i can hear the little ones calling you" I spoke heading over to the field that had about half the girls already there.

"again, you're amazing. i love you so much. have a good practice. call me when you're on your way here" Natasha spoke quickly again.

"i love you Nat" I chime skipping over to the other girls. "i'll see you soon" Natasha hummed before we both hung up.

"hey girls" I shouted earning an abundance of 'hi's' and 'hey's' from them all.

~ time skip ~

I was currently waiting for my Uber to Natasha's. I had ordered it like 10 minutes ago and it only said it was a few minutes away.

It's annoying because i wanted to get to Natasha's as soon as possible. I groaned tapping my foot as i stared at the little car on my app.

I was about to call Natasha before there was a car pulling up. I looked at the plate sighing seeing that it was my Uber.

"hi" I greeted politely even though i was frustrated that he took what seemed like forever, 10 minutes.

"hello" He greeted back, we chatted for a moment before settling into a comfortable silence.

I had texted Natasha that i was on my way and then i was going to call her when i arrived. She hadn't replied to my text yet which was fine i'm assuming she was busy.