Chapter 3: Shadows of the devil I

Vlad was walking home proudly with his diploma, but then something catched his attention... It was the big tv up near the Fifth Avenue. The Tv shows an interview with Willow Ivanova & a boy... Vlad stopped and decided to watch it.

Interviewer: So, UltraX Ivanov, right? Well then answer this, back in 2020, you smashed a giant robot using immense amount of power... Just when thinks looked hopeless you jumped and attacked the robot hard, but one detail was missed in the news report... You used a weapon which hit right in the core of the robot in the chest, and then you attacked him with the immense strength of your power, you used another weapon to do that... Which leads to the begging question people been asking for almost 3 years now...

Interviewer: What is the name of your power and what does it do?

UltraX closes his eyes, he seems a bit worried.

UltraX: Sorry, it's a secret. I don't like explaining my manifestation at all.

UltraX: But I have to say ask you, interviewer... Do you think a human with no manifestation can be a hero too?

The Interviewer was surprised that UltraX pulled that question.

Interviewer: N-No-

UltraX made a fist and hit the table.

UltraX: as expected... You will say no despite everything. You think a Human with no power can't be a hero?

UltraX: Well I must tell you then, you are wrong. I've seen Humans who fought against Villains without any power, personal experience must say... And what I am saying is... Anyone can be a hero if they just try. Whether they have no choice or just feel the need to protect the ones they love & care about... A real hero doesn't think twice before rushing in to save someone.

Willow was surprised by the fact, her expression says it... The Interviewer and Willow felt like this was just a blessing from a future pro-hero.

UltraX: Otherwise I will keep the Ivanov name and the family up and ready to fight till death!

The Interviewer clapped his hands.

The Interviewer: That was amazing speech, UltraX.

The Interviewer: Anyways, Willow. Does your son date with a girl by any chance and how would you express their releationship from your point of view?

Willow looks at her son and then back at the interviewer.

Willow: Well... For starters, the way they met wasn't anything normal. Must say saving lifes comes with a price always. He on the other hand used to date someone before entering the hero course at age of 15 and a month before the entrance exam of that course... However after he entered the hero course and passed the entrance exam, he lost his girlfriend... But then again a week after the big robot attack, he started dating again and has a girlfriend, even though I added details that are not answering the question, I must say the girl he dates now has some style and understands my son perfectly.

The Interviewer: Alright, well there is more questions so I hope ya ready for another hour of questions, Ivanovs!

As Vlad watched the screen, he was not expecting such speech from someone who just finished his third year, knowing that day when he watched the report for the giant robot... He was not expecting it to be him from 3 years ago. Vlad knows some humans are born with manifestations of one of the parents, has both or a combined one... Or a mutated one as well. Then Vlad walks away as he realized he was gonna be late for lunch back home.