Chapter 53: Loss of one manifestation...

This is a chapter that could be considered fillar by many, but it is as important as the rest of the story in this series thingy or whatever.

===========================================================================

It was the day, just months after the Plovdiv advanced students finished their hero school, Viki followed through the same finishing months later in July 15th.

Viki was now a hero, but was she good at her job?

Of course a month after finishing in August she was send to a mission in China to retrive some documents for NATO spies, however... That soon backfired the moment she met the guy who was supposed to give out the documents.

Viki: 那么,你就是那个人吗?(So, are you the guy?)

The man: 当然。(certainly.)

Viki sighs in relief, the capital of China is usually full of police, but there is a back alley of safety which gave her a bgi relief.

The man: 现在,我知道你随身带着钱。把他们交给我。(Now, I know you carry the money with you. Give them to me.)

Viki puts the briefcase on the ground as instructed from earlier and gently kicks it towards the man who held the documents she needed. The man got low and opened the briefcase to see it was the actual money he needed.

The man:  好姑娘... (Good girl...)

Viki: 您现在可以按照承诺交出文件吗?(Can you now hand over the files as promised?)

The man closes the briefcase and walks over to Viki and holds the documents in hand.

The man: 按照承诺... (As promised...)

The man gives the documents to Viki, she has successfully secured the documents. Before she left, the man offered her a handshake, they did a handshake... However, Viki suddenly felt like her manifestation was gone and then she heard police noise getting closer.

The man: 你还是留着吧,我不需要。你的表现对我来说更有价值。(You better keep it, I don't need it. Your manifestation is more valuable to me.)

The man then ran away with the briefcase leaving Viki alone in surprise... She looked down at the documents and recalled how this could've been a setup by the legendary manifestation stealer and it became true.

Viki: Fucking damn it! I must get away from here as soon as possible and go back to my home country to hand over these documents to Tatsumaki.

Viki then ran off, thinking about alternative route to take which has less police and manages to go back to the hotel room and storing the documents in her luggage.

Couple days later, she was back in Vidin and headed in the HQ meeting with Tatsumaki.

Tatsumaki: Oh Viki, I assume you got what we needed from China?

Viki: Yeah... But we have another issue, the manifestation stealer was in China.

Tatsumaki was surprised.

Tatsumaki: D-Did you atleast catch him or tried to?!

Viki: No, but he...

Tatsumaki knew something was odd.

Viki: He managed to take my manifestation and run away, he somehow disguised himself as the man I was supposed to meet in there and he tricked me with a handshake. It seems he can steal manifestations only by handshake or through some sheer mental force.

Tatsumaki: Interesting... So he is hiding in China after all and Bejing denies those claims. Well it seems since you lost your manifestation we have to assign you to safer spy missions and more supportive role till you get your manifestation back by beating that guy or well till you are physically strong to go on dangerous missions related to fighting.

Viki was not happy with this, no manifestation for her left, no manifestation and less work... She knew that she cut some connections with Maria & UltraX for sometime now due to the school year since Maria...

Now we find ourselves back in the present for this chapter only, looking at Viki working at a bar in Plovdiv and still being... Left out.

End of Chapter