Chapter 23: Lurking in the shadows I [Adumfor Arc I]

It was the next day already, Sila woke up in the same hotel where Elijah was in the same room, but different bed. She knew that it is her job to keep him in check. As an elite, she has never been so annoyed and disappointed by her given job. Sila then goes and uses the bathroom.

5 minutes passed and Elijah was awake, the feeling of being restrained, limited and absolutely forced to wear this collar is just making him want to die. Elijah is a person who hates being limited or forced to wear limitation tools, gadgets or other material that prevents him from using his own powers, as a half-breed himself... He was never the fastest to learn how to control it. He always rushed into fights quickly risking it, instead of making a plan. He was reckless, however both Ultra & him share something in common, a quick end to the conflict with minimal casualties... However unlike Ultra, Elijah could never end the fights quickly, resulting in massive damage to civilians, infrastructure & important places. One of his fights ended up in him nearly messing up an year ago, leaving Elijah to be put on this collar. The collar is made to disable any humans & demons a-like. In order to keep the island safe this protocal has been entered by United Nations for the same reason.

Elijah: G-God... This collar is so fucking uncomfortable!

Sila then...

Sila: Well, don't blame me on your own actions. Even though Ivanov should be on collar, he is not. Atleast he has manners and some kind of moral standards before going into fights.

Elijah got off the bed and grabbed his phone to see unread messages by a contact named Rein. He goes to chat back to the contact in the meantime... Sila just got out of the bathroom and goes to the fridge, opening it she grabs a chocolate bar and closes the fridge. Then she opened it and started eating it. Elijah putted his phone back.

Elijah: Alright now it is time to talk to the king to remove my restrictions, I swear this is bullshit.

Sila just finished the chocolate and then she laughed a bit.

Sila: Bullshit? Dear, you know it was your fault and you think restrictions on you just for almost killing the future queen is bullshit? You abuse with your power more then Ivanov, that is the reality of things. Brain wave alteration won't be effective against demons so do not think of being an idiot and trying to use it.

Elijah tried to make a counter-arguement, but he was stopped by the fact she is saying facts. Obviously Sila was known for sharp aims and just turning the words of others in her favour.

Sila: But... You know if you behave, I will give you an reward and help you get Rein's heart~

Elijah then quickly looked at Sila.

Sila: So ye, you behave during the week before and the day when the weeding happens... Then I will go convince Rein that I found her a date, all you need is to impress her. So basically, you behave and keep your cool, I convince Rein to go out with you... After all she is my human bestie.

Elijah: W-Wait you two know each other?

Elijah was confused.

Sila: Well it is complicated... We met in the worst possible time, when Adumfor had some kind of demon & human right abuse conflict with Pandora. Rein used to be there, but she "moved in" to Adumfor for better education and experience.

Elijah: Oh, I see.

Elijah breaths in and out.

Sila: Anyways, I need to go to patrols, behave yourself.