Chapter 80: Power-hunger II [Adumfor Arc II]

After a day of using the dummies, he is back in the hotel room and he was alone again. His parents often busy, his sister always after the common folk and Sila on duties elsewhere. He hasn't been able to use his manifestation due to this disgusting collar on his neck that he considers an unfair and unjustified usage.

He thought to himself, these dummies had small amount of cursed energy, but as he thought that he noticed the Cursed Energy Devil was in front of him.

Cursed Energy Devil: Hey, so you really are serious about it? Defeated by one man with no cursed energy, no special hybrid properties, just a human with a manifestation...

Cursed Energy Devil laughs.

Cursed Energy Devil: Listen now, you had great mastery over cursed energy in a short amount of time comparing to Elaina and you are doing all as said in the contract, the contract user must have some sort of cursed energy mastery. Or so called Devil host, but hey at least we can work together until Makima comes.

Elijah: The c-control devil...?

Elijah backs off a little.

Cursed Energy Devil: Relax, she works well with devils nowdays... Due to her contract still being intact with the previous Japanese prime minister of Japan... Well that was until it was broken by Denji and now she is on the run. Luckly, she is arriving here through someone from the Inimical clan's invisible manifestation. Seems like the American part lived.

Elijah: She manipulated someone into submission to do her work?

Cursed Energy Devil: Yep, typical of her.

Cursed Energy Devil sighs and just looks around as if he was sensing something or someone.

Cursed Energy Devil: The fear of cursed energy was born the moment many found out, but hey... I have to go, someone is tracking me down.

Cursed Energy Devil then vanishes and Elijah sighs as he holds the remote to the tv in his hotel room and turns it on trying to find anything interesting.

The next morning, he was back at the forest, back at the same dummies using his manifestation and cursed energy to test something and it is true, these dummies are used to imrpove the cursed energy of one user.

Elijah: Hell yeah, but I need a partner for this...

As he was thinking, The cursed energy devil pushes him away and then Elijah asks and the Cursed Energy devil says yes since he has no choice at this one. He begins his training to even higher degree to surpass Elaina, the favourite of the royalty.

A day early, back in the forest...

Iskra and Vlad were giving each other a beating, as the fight continued within time and Iskra lands a strong punch in the face of Vlad and then grabbed him and headbutted him and then kicks him back and runs towards him and kicks him again and barrages him and punches him and kicks him away one last time, Vlad felt a bit dissy and he created an energy blade with his right hand.

Iskra: Give it up, you know I do not want this to end the way it does!

Vlad prepares and shouts.

Vlad: This is it, time to finish it!

Vlad runs towards her, but for Iskra it felt like an instance and he was already in front of her.

Iskra (Talking to herself): He became faster...

Iskra dodges, it was a close call, but she still gets hit by Vlad's left punch and then the blade vanishes and punches Iskra hard and sends her back against the way and she hits a tree, the same tree she send Vlad early.