Chapter 16: Society III

Once in a while, a society has to live in balance, chaos & peace must exist within each other in order for the world to run properly, no matter how many times heroes defeat villains, more just come to take the place of the defeated, same goes for heroes.

It has been 4 days since Boiko Borisov has resigned. Maria Dimitrova was surprised at the explanation she got from UltraX about it, Maria, UltraX & Mina wer at a bar in Vidin.

Maria: S-So you weren't the one who did it?

UltraX: Sorry Maria, I was a little too late.

However Mina was staring at UltraX with the expression of disappointment for some reason. As Ultra was looking away when he answered Maria's question.

Mina: Anyways, so you two during our hangout mentioned something about another childhood friend of yours, who were they?

Maria: Yeah, he is! I would love to tell you about him, but... X over there doesn't seem comfortable about it for some reason... So yeah, till the time being I will not say much. He was a sweet, innocent and nice boy, short hair and I pretty much respected him.

Maria giggles as then she looks away.

Mina: Wow, he sounds like a nice guy. Wish I could meet him someday...

Ultra drinked his coca cola, Maria did the same... So was Mina. They seemed to spend a great time together, what a great trio...

Meanwhile with Elijah Kanomato...

Elijah was badly injured, with scars on his back... He was only left with his shoes and pants, his shirt was completely ripped off and pieces of it were on the ground, the seraphims really put him in his place, didn't they?

He has finally managed to beat S13, nobody knows how long exactly he has been here...

S13: Congratulations... You passed the training, dear.

Elijah was not expecting to pass though this hell of a training, it felt like for years of training, despite it being for 1-2 weeks...

S13: Well, that is it... Really, I wish we could give you company though your journey, but... As the Seraphim council, we have responsibilities... We are not the ones who decide em though, it is just the word of the higher ones.

Elijah was wondering something for a while...

Elijah: I have a question, Mrs. 13...

S13: Yes, dear?

Elijah: What happens if a council falls and how does it happen?

S13 looked Elijah in the eye with a serious look.

S13: Well the seraphim council will fall apart once all Seraphims are dead... If that happens, the council will fall apart and so is the current world order, we were made by god to keep balance in check, we are supposed to not train any mortal under our methods, but you are an exception... We will stay quiet as long as you stay quiet yourself, dear. Remember, keep your promise~

Then... All of the sudden Elijah woke up in his bed at his apartment in New York, he was heavily breathing as he was confused... Was that a dream? He wondered to himself...

However as he checked his hand, he saw a scar on his right hand's pinkie finger...

Elijah: I-It was real?

Then Elijah stood up and got off the bed, going to the bathroom to wash his teeth and afterwards he makes himself a quick sandwich, eating it. He then grabs his phone and opens International News website. He looks up news from 5 days ago...

Then he gets curious on the following, "Elaina Vans was found passed out at the docks of the city in Barcelona, after she woke up she was asked a couple of questions as she answered some of them and she also mentions that Vladislav Vans was kidnapped by the culprits..."

Elijah was surprised, the kid was kidnapped by someone. He then clicked off the website and put his phone in his pants pocket as he got a new shirt on himself and went out of the apartment. It was 12:15 PM now in New York, he was outside and he walked downtown as he was heading to somewhere...

A couple of minutes later, Elijah arrives infront of the Vans Mansion, the guard on the gate lets him in after Elijah shows his pro-hero id card and then he knocks on the front door...

???: W-Who is it?

Elijah breaths in and out...

Elijah: It's Kanomato, the pro-hero! Are you gonna let me in?

???: S-Sure...

The front door was openning as it reveals Elaina.

Elaina: What do you need?

Both went inside and they both sit on the sofa.

Elijah: W-Well I heard the news about Vladislav Nikolov, but how?

Elaina looks down, still sad since Vlad's kidnapping...

Elaina: W-Well... Me & Vlad originally were in Spain to stop the Political devil, however... One day we heard a gunshot down at the docks of Barcelona, as we went there to check... We saw a girl and some boy with her, t-they claimed that they come for Vlad or something...  We fought em however all of the sudden, I got knocked out and I do not remember what happened afterwards, they were gone, so was Vlad... That is why I believe he got kidnapped...

Elijah was unsure how to feel about this, mix of anger and sadness...

Elijah: W-Who is this girl?

Elaina: S-She goes by Iskra Nikolova, her manifestation is called portals. Same age as Vlad...

Elijah: Thanks, I'll look into it. Also I noticed the luggage near the door, 2 of em.

Elaina looks at the luggages.

Elaina: O-Oh those are for Adumfor, me & Vlad were supposed to go there due to invatation for a weeding, we go 2 weeks early so we can spend some quality time there.

Elijah looked at the luggage.

Elijah: I see, well... Then there is nothing else to talk about...

As time passed, Elijah left the Vans Mansion and decided to message X, it has been a while, but X finally responds, they chat for sometime as Elijah was walking back to his apartment. X messaged Elijah also about Vlad being kidnapped is that his case is being handled and he has nothing to worry as Ultra messaged him that.

In the end of the day, worrying about things won't get ya anywhere.

End of Chapter