Chapter 22: Society IV [Adumfor Arc I]

Society of demons is different from humans, from cultrue to kind... However the role of the characters cannot change as much.

It was night time, some of Adumfor's guards were in the forest chasing someone else... The chase continued on for the next 25 minutes, they found themself deep in the forest as the guards finally caught up to that person who seemed to have stopped cause it was a death end.

Guard 1: Stop right there, you are under arrest! You have the rights to put your hands in the air!

Guard 1 was shouting as the person turned around with a smile on their face.

Guard 2: H-Hey, stop smiling!

The 3 guards took a defensive stand as they were preparing to defend themself. The person then starts to speak...

???: You know you could relax, right?

Guard 3: No no, relax will be after you get contained...

???: And be executed, no thank you kind sir.

Then the someone pulls out 3 small white looking balls, throwing em on the ground causes an explosion, the guards found themself in a red smoke which makes their vision a bit blurry. The guards try to stay together, however they were walking and seperating themself inside the red smoke, it was weird. The noise of beating up could be heard and screams as Guard 1 felt like he is gonna be left for last. Guard 1 throw his spear somewhere, the noise of a spear hitting and someone falling to the ground gave the signal for him to move. Once he reached the place, the smoke cleared with guard 3 found death by Guard 1's weapon, in shock Guard 1 turned around and saw the person as the person hit Guard 1 with a karate chop on the neck and Guard 1 fell to the ground, knocked out.

???: ... I did not intent to kill you all, but... You just killed your comrade without thinking about the consequences of what will the weapon hit, will it miss or hit someone... What if that someone was your own comrade? I am so sorry for your loss.

They said as they holded Guard 2 who passed out due to the red smoke, they also grabbed Guard 1 and started carrying them away.

Meanwhile back at the elite, Sila Silver's office. She seems to be talking though the phone.

Sila: So the anti-hero escaped, any information on them?

Guard: Not much, except that it is a she.

Sila breaths in and out.

Sila: Listen, I am a little... Full right now, so I cannot really go there. Go find the 3 guards sent after her and tell them to come back to camp right now.

Guard: Yes, ma'am.

Sila then hangs up and continues writting over the documents as she continues to think how to contain Elijah from trying something stupid. Obviously, there are laws which restrain heroes like him from becoming too powerful, those laws apply for the entire world to prevent anyone from gaining too much power, influence and eventually cheat their ways of breaking limits without training their manifestation properly. Obviously some heroes have become power hungry and want to overthrow society's laws and be the strongest... Rumours says some even tried to become stronger then GOD themself, but have failed.

Sila continued writing some official documents related to the weeding and Elijah's limitations. She seemed a bit more stressed then early today, as an elite she stays up extra. However, the office door opens as she looks...

Sila: O-Oh... It's you, Ivanov.

UltraX: Heya...

Ultra walks in and closes the door, walking in and sits on the chair staring at Sila.

UltraX: You should rest ya know, especially since the king allowed ya too. Why continue those extra hours of work and pain for the same amount of money?

Sila was still writing those documents, as she was focused.

Sila: Y-You know I am the only elite that finishes all their documents in a day right? I wanna be the top elite to be able to challenge the balance of power in Adumfor. My goals are beyond your understanding, Ivanov.

Sila continues, as UltraX puts on the table away from the documents some chicken nuggets with ketchup. Then Ultra continued to stay.

Sila: Chicken nuggets, why exactly those?

Sila grabbed one and eats it.

UltraX: I know you are the girl-type who from demons enjoys human food more so I decided to bring you this here, plus it is warm.

Ultra smiles.

Sila: Ok, I get it you want me to take my break and hang out with you... Even though we do only business with the top 10 families and their members, you are pretty determined and perseverant I kinda like that in you & Elijah... But hey atleast you show some kind of support.

Sila was still writing the documents as she talked with Ultra & ate chicken nuggets.

Sometimes in society those who you do only with business may become your friends or just stay your business partner and not be more then that.

End of Chapter