Chapter 113: Preparation for the Festival [The New York Festival Arc]

As it is, the Vans were preparing for the festival, the Ivanov family seems to be joining in on that festival as Willow, Luke and Amelia are in Willow's apartment that she purchased in New York when she works as a teacher. It was November 7th 2024.

Amelia: Huh, what a neat apartment for a "great" teacher.

Willow: Don't be so rude, I know from all you don't even think I take my job as a teacher seriously, but it is just the freshies this year for the first year of hero school are much more boring comparing to Vlad's class.

Willow drinks her coffee and sighs.

Willow: Either way, perhaps this New York Festival might help us all get a nice day off, Adumfor was not a nice vacation, especially since we had to dig one's grave six feet under.

Luke: Yeah, plus it will be a nice tway to get rid of that kind of thinking.

Luke drinks his Coca Cola and sighs as well.

Luke: Either way, maybe you can fight that Vans woman again so badly, honey.

Willow: L-Luke, you really think I am that hungry for her?! Gah just disgustin, if I was hungry I would've already went there for a bite of her.

Luke chuckles as Amelia was confused at first, but then she thought about it and hit a certain mindset and she blushes a little at the idea of their "fight."

Luke: Relax, we all know you like biting your opponents during fights, not that much of a difference that explains why our son bites so much when he was alive.

As it is, they also prepared for the festival, but at another apartment 2 streets away, Elijah sat on his bed thinking, he was finally back from this troublesome trip, during these 4 months he trained without the Seraphims as they did not let him back in their realm, that pissed off a little so he trained with his devil, the Cursed Energy Devil somewhere in Japan away from public and now he was at New York again as he expected the festival would happen, every 5 years a New York Festival that happens which forces the Schools to put a day off of every student on certain dates, this time it is way early then expected.

Elijah: So much trouble, now that X is death, I can finally fufill my wishes and desires.

Cursed Energy Devil: Like?

Elijah: Defeat the War Devil and kill Elaina Vans and frame Vlad on it and that way, I ruin a couple lives and then proceed with the idea of working on my new ideal experiment.

Cursed Energy Devil: Experiment?

Elijah: I'll tell you more once I find a spot for the building and move it out the underground base in the USA, ya know hehe..

Elijah sighs as he lookeed down.

Elijah: But yet, I can feel HIM, despite him being death, it is almost as if the realm of the death and living is in the same world, yet it isn't.

Cursed Energy Devil: Hmm, could it be... No sorry, you could be sensing wrong, we might need to train your manifestation sensing better along with your cursed energy.

Elijah was sitting as he heard the word "wrong" and that made him recall the times he argued with one of his classmates at the Japan school back in the day, despite feeling guilt about it, he still did what he thought was right by turning him into electricity and absorbing him to grow stronger and it did work in his favour, but that costed him to also obtain the manifestation, teleportation and as it seems the Kanomato family once turning someone into electricity and absorbing them, they gain their power level which is added to theirs and they gain a manifestation of the one absorbed.

In this world, there is ways to bypass the max of 2-3 manfiestation per born, the rarest thing. One is to have Admin Access which is UltraX's manifestation and the console allows him to bypasses it only once he has knowledge of the manifestation he wants to obtain with a command, but he cannot gain any power level from it, then we have Vlad and the energy manipulation users can just use a more advanced way to absorb people to obtain their power and abilities and Elijah's thing which is family exclusive to absorb people with electricity and take their manifestation and power level, the only other known way to use other manifestation is through copy & paste (max of 6 stored manifestation on clipboard, lasts 5 minutes), copycat (one-time use) and a manifestation that steals people's manifestations for themselves.

Elijah stood up and walked up to the kitchen and opened the fridge pulling a monster energy drink and closed the fridge and then opens it and begins to drink thinking about it as he then goes back to his room preparing his stuff for the festival on November 9th, this was the big event for New York to flex with the heroes they have in the USA and a chance for outsiders from the USA to show what they are capable off in a friendly dual on a match ring in the area.

Back to the Vans mansion, Elaina and Vlad were training at the backyard and then...

Elaina: After that transformation, it was a one-time thing and Isabella confirmed it was and that one-time permamently buffed my base form and made me stronger by 3x.

Vlad blocks a punch and backs away from a kick, that was too close for comfort.

Elaina: Then again I could swear I felt some presence unfamiliar yet godly from where that other demon was, but once I went there, well she was gone, X was without a trace and then eventually we learn he died during that fight, maybe he killed her and died with her... Unsure...

Vlad attempts to land a punch, but she dodges only to get hit by a kick in the head which then she backs away from another punch.

Vlad: And thanks to Nyan I was put in hospital for 2 months and then the rest of the 2 months I must spend catching up to you.

Elaina: Do not worry, I am sure you'll figure out a way to catch up to me some other ways too...

Elaina smirks in a way that she meant it in some more private place and then they contineu training as Garrick Vans and Saniya Vans sat and watched their training.

Saniya: He will be the perfect one for her, don't you think?

Garrick: Depends really, his nature is odd though, knowing he is that same kid I mentored years ago on that junior hero exam still makes me feel weird about him.

Saniya: Oh yeah right he was with that Vladimir guy, right?

Garrick: Yeah, he was and despite all I doubt much has changed between the two.

Garrick sighs.

Saniya: Well now that I think about it, ever since Elijah was defeated by UltraX, by the footage caught by the news and stuff, it seems like we cannot trust Elijah anymore at all, if we let him near my child again, he'll kill her for sure.

Garrick: Yeah, seems so to be the case, he really shaped into a bad actor of the story.

Saniya held her water bottle wondering if Elijah was ever trustworthy and good at somepoint in life, maybe in another story, maybe in another timeline, maybe in the past, but definitely not in this present timeline.

Saniya: Well yeah, to be honest... That kid needs to learn consequences are real and he is not above them and then he can stop his wicked ways.

Saniya drinks her coca cola and sighs again as she didn't feel like continuing the topic and watches the training as it goes.

As it is the Number 1 hero will also be on the festival, the current number 1 by official rankings of the year, they kept that spot for 20 years now and they will finally show up to one of these, despite being isolated from society, with exception of times she does her hero work...

End of Chapter