Chapter 29: The festival of challenges I [Adumfor Arc I]

After the weeding things seemed to be going back to normal for Adumfor and the stability of the island has been restored, now during the night many are training as they registered for the festival of challenges, one of the toughest Adumfor traditions. George Thorns and his last time in the Adumfor festival of challenges as the final opponent to whoever makes it out of the finales of the arena challenge. He is no longer the king, but shall serve as challenge to proof worthy opponents that will become allies to the kingdom that rests in his daughter's hands.

1 week before the festival...

Elaina and Vlad were training on a 1v1 training in the arena since there isn't people around there at this time, both were using their manifestations better then before... Elaina and Vlad clashed multiple times when they rushed against each other, Vlad uses energy manipulation to make life energy strings and grabs Elaina with them around her heard and drags her closer then he breaks the clash and lands a punch in her face and makes the life energy strings vanish and after that he kicks her back away and rushes at her again, but before he could reach her she vanishes...? Vlad was confused, however he turned around just to get kicked in the chest and knocked down to the ground. Elaina takes a deep breath.

Elaina: Well another practice round over, get up.

Elaina reaches her hand out and Vlad grabs it, she helps him get up.

Elaina: You did well, but to a surprise you lack the strength to fully knock me down to the ground or knock any other half-breed down fast enough. But not gonna lie once your birthday comes, maybe you can knock me up in bed.

Vlad: Yeah-

Vlad then stops as he looked away blushing.

Vlad: A-Anyways... We gonna continue the training?

Elaina: Yeah sure, but this time proof that you're not gonna die during the cooking challenge and arena challenge, Vladislav!

Elaina and Vlad continue their arena challenge training, this time the training pauses after 25 minutes of fighting as Elaina caught a glamse of Vlad's kinetic energy being used with baseballs to cause small explosions...

Elaina: Hey what was these exploding attacks, how did you make these baseballs explode?

Vlad: Kinetic energy manipulation, usually I can also freeze you with it... However I am still studying how to turn it into a defensive one.

Elaina looks at his hand as he was holding 1 baseball.

Elaina: Let's just continue.

Both of them resumed their training and started to work harder as it goes, 3 hours pass and Vlad was in the kitchen back in the palace while Elaina was in their room doing her own thing... Vlad was practicing what he could cook to impress the judges during the festival and gain atleast the top 3 spots in the cooking challenge.

Saniya and Garrick were in the living room with Xiang Ye discussing the festival of challenges and how the system works.

Xiang Ye: Well usually there are many challenges and that is a problem for the king and queen to be at all places, usually we hire some of the elite guards or high ranking judges to deal with the problem as they will be judging fairly and equally each challenger on how they peform in the cooking challenges or any challenge that requires them, as for the king and queen they will be mainly keeping an eye and be referee to the arena, the arena challenge is more of a tournament of power, the strongest one with most wins in the 2 hours of the arena challenge will have a chance to fight the ex-king George Thorns or choose to fight the queen and the now new king. Now the arena challenge is what most people come to watch, of course fighting is pretty cool and awesome with no consequences to the viewers and as we also earn a lot of money to improve Adumfor and the economy, we still pay equally for each challenge to keep it up to place, we remove old challenges that are not popular and keep the popular ones in and we also add new challenges if they grow in popularity, we may return old challenges if they regain their fame and respect back to their glory level. As of the festival, it lasts 7 days however the arena challenge is only open for 1 day, meaning that the rest of the days are for the other challenges. However Vlad and Elaina both taking part in the arena challenge shouldn't happen, that is what Isabella wants to see and it isn't good news.