Chapter 78: Power-hunger I [Adumfor Arc II]

Power-hunger, also known as power hungry person or animal is used to describe the people who are growing stronger out of their own selfish believes and doing it for themselves.

Elijah woke up in the hotel room, he got up to look and noticed Rayoma was there too and Sila was just sitting there in a bit of disappointment.

Sila: You, you really thought you can kill Elaina?

Elijah: ...Ugh...

Elijah slams the bed.

Sila: You know, Isabella was gonna step in personally if it wasn't gonna be X. Just so you know, you would've lost either ways whether ya managed to kill her or not. Be lucky ya took the longer end of the stick and it was X who stepped in.

Elijah: I cannot understand, what is so special about Elaina comparing to the other half-breeds?

Elijah rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Sila: Elaina is considerted to have some kind of special DNA and the only half-breed capable of mastering blood art to a high degree comparing to you who has no blood art or any control over your emotions or understanding.

Elijah: Jeez, stop yapping... And why is she here?

Elijah points at Rayoma which caught Sila's attention once more recalling what the report says.

Sila: Oh your sister, well she is causing trouble again so she was put out of commission for a bit by Elaina, she somehow recovered quickly enough.

Elijah wasn't expecting that response, especially to hear that Elaina has recovered quicker then him, he was so pissed and yet disappointed at the fact he couldn't do that.

Sila: It seems she has grasped the reverse cursed technique, the healing with cursed energy.

Sila laughs.

Sila:  Guess no matter how good you are or how you imrpove, there will always be someone above you in this life.

Elijah (Talking to himself): unacceptable.

Sila: It is funny, to think you can beat her and kill her.

Elijah: Next time, next duel... I will kill her, as the rules imply... Rule breakers must be executed and yet that fucking walking freak was let go of all these rule breaks... Such a corrupt king-

Before Elijah could finish, he got a control shock from the collar and it stopped after 2 seconds.

Sila: Watch your mouth, you just want attention and to be treated with respect with such a crappy irl persona. Well whatever, take your time to recover fully and do not under any, any unrjustified stupid way to kill your sister.

Sila gets up and leaves the hotel room, waving goodbye before going and leaving Elijah alone with a sleeping Rayoma. He sighs and lays back down to sleep, he was just looking for a way to surpass UltraX & now he looked for a way to remove Elaina from the world..

Elijah: I will need to train harder or get a grasp of his training, he seems to be able to overpower others with just his will, what is his manifestation?

Elijah then gets up and does his bed properly and leaves the hotel room.

Sometime later, he passes by the forest hearing a loud slam and as he goes to the sound with cover of the bushes he sees Iskra Nikolova, fighting Vlad.