Chap 1 / Jaric - Japeth finds Aric

Tiktok sound: If you're so mature now, than I think it's time you grow up[..]
____________________________________

Darkness. The only things that gave a little bit of light were the stars above me and the moonlight, as I walked through the empty forest that was a battlefield just a day ago.

There were still bodys on the ground, old, rotten body parts. I walked past them. Stepped over the monsters while looking for the person who promised to come back. He promised he'd do what he wanted to do and come back. Finish his job, killing his mother, then he'd come back to me. He promised. 

In front of me, the towers of the famous school. The school for good and evil. I stood before the gate for a moment, then I left it behind and kept looking for Aric. The moment the forest turned into all blue and green shades, I wondered how beautiful it was. People have been talking about it in the village but no one saw it. Every flower, bush, even leaves hanging on the same tree had a different color and even if it was just a shade darker or lighter. It was different from the others.

As I walked for another hour, the coldness took over me and I felt goosebumps crawling up my arms and legs. The jacket I was wearing didn't do much, it was freezing. And then there it was.

A body.

Lying on the ground.

My heart dropped down.

My stomach turned around.

No.

No.
No.
No.

"No.." I whispered, then I headed to the person on the grass. Before reaching my boy, I let myself fall to the ground and slid those few meters to him. Hot tears running down my cold cheeks.
"No! Aric, you promised!" I sobbed, grabbing the boy from the ground into my lap. His black hair was wet, attached to his pale skin, his violet eyes empty.

I felt the panic inside of grow.

I lost him. I lost Aric.

"No.. you promised, you idiot! You promised!" I yelled at him, I didn't care if he could hear me or not. My head leaned against his chest, while my tears dropped down.

"That isn't fair.." I whispered, then I lifted my head again, leaning towards his forehead while brushing away a strand of hair.

"I will bring you back, Aric." I said quietly.

"I will find a way to bring you back to me. You belong to me. To me and no one can take you away. I promise, I promise we'll be together again.." My breath was heating against Aric's cheek, and I felt my body calming down.

The gate opened, someone ran outside.
"Japeth!" Hearing her voice made my body shiver. I looked up.
"Get away from him!" Dovey yelled as she headed towards me.
"You killed him.." I mumbled and stood up after laying my one and only back to the ground.

"He attacked Lesso, Japeth, we fought! I didn't mean it to happen."
"You killed him! You killed Aric!" I yelled, she flinched back, didn't come closer as I tilted my head.
"You killed your girlfriend's son!" I repeated.
"You don't understand, Japeth-"

"I don't understand? Me?" I scoffed and shook my head, she looked away.
"He told me so many times how much he loved her when he was little. How badly he enjoyed the secret moments with her until she had to go back to the school. And how she just left him behind without any explanation, without a goodbye, without any sign of life!" I yelled and walked up to the woman in front of me. Lesso was a mother but not a mom.

"Japeth, she had a job, a life to take care of-"
"Don't even try, Aric loved Lesso. Aric loved his mother so much but she, she couldn't make him your number one." Still in disbelief, I shook my head again.
"A Never cannot love, Japeth! You know that-"

"I love him, Clarissa! I love Aric! He belongs to me. He is mine! And you killed him! You took his life, a life that wasn't your own! You didn't know him! You didn't see him! All his pain, you have no idea!"

Dovey lifted her head, made herself taller, she didn't want me to see how much it hurts her. How much she understands what I'm saying.

"Lesso was a Never, and she loved you. And Aric was my love, Clarissa. You took his life, like he wasn't worth the love I was giving him." She gasped slightly, tears running down her face.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Japeth."
"I don't?"
"If you loved him so much, why weren't you here?" She asked as calm as possible. My sadness disappeared.

"I'm sorry?"
"Why weren't you by his side while he died, Japeth? I was. I was with the person I love. You weren't, so don't tell me how much you loved him!"

Without hesitation, I let a scim fly over my shoulder to Dovey's throat, she flinched away, but she felt the scim behind her back too.

"I will come and find you, professor. And I will kill you. I will make you cry, begging me to stop, begging me to bring you to your loved Leonora. And I will do it, enjoying your screams." I tilted my head, letting my words sink into her until I released the scims.

All the pain and sadness vanished and I felt the anger taking over. Dovey looked at me, scared. I turned around while my scims formed a small coffin, flying under Aric and wrapping him up.

"I will come back, Clarissa, and I will make you feel sorry for what you've done."

____________________________________

Author note-

Holy shit, this is so good. I didn't know I can write better than my head sometimes! :)

Vote and comment of course! <3