Chap 81 / Sapeth - You won't do it.

Sound: "You mean you're actually going to kill me? - I mean just that"

TW: Blood, talking about death!
____________________________________

SOPHIE POV

The sword in my hand felt strange, yet I was here. With tears in my eyes, I looked down at Japeth.

We've been friends for a while. He was not as evil as he seemed to be.. He was kind.. he was soft and hurt.

"You mean you're actually going to kill me?" He asked, sitting on his knees. His arms were bleeding already, we had fought a few minutes ago... Japeth didn't fight back when I called my animal friends.

He let them hurt him. He let them cut and scratch him. Bite him.

My chin was quivering a little, my hands shaking and tears rolled down my cold cheek.

The forest we were in was dark and the shadows in Japeth's face were dark too. Dark and cold. He looked like.. if I meet him for the first time in my life.

"I mean just that." I whispered with a shaking voice, though I couldn't move more.

The promise I gave Agatha.. that I will kill Japeth if I have the chance. That I will do it. That I will kill him..

But I couldn't.. I couldn't. And he knew..

"Well, go ahead then." He shrugged. On Japeth's face were tears running down too.. but I knew that he was crying because of the relief he will feel when he dies. When he's reunited with his love. With Aric.

"I'll do this my own way!" I cried out, gasping for air. I held the sword closer against his throat. I couldn't..

"You won't kill me." He mumbled, sounding sad. Disappointed. I felt so bad.. I promised him that I will protect him.. but I also promised Agatha to kill him..

And Hort. What will he think of me? That I betray them? Do I betray them if I don't kill Japeth? The snake. The monster? The one who killed our friends. Our loved ones.

My heart was aching.. Aching for help. For someone to take the sword out of my hands and kick it away. Aching for help. For someone to kill Japeth instead of me.

"You can't kill me.. because you see yourself in me." He said, I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Stay out of my head.." I whispered but he chuckled with the crying voice he had.

"It will take a very brave and a very cold woman to kill me, Sophie." He said.

I couldn't hold my sobbing back, I broke down. Tears were heavily running down my face. I struggled breathing, but the sword stayed in its place.

Blood was running down Japeth's throat, I've cut. A little.

I closed my eyes... a moment later his cold hands held mine, he loosened the grip around the sword and laid it down.

He laid his arms around me and hugged me. I let it happen. I let it happen because his touch felt safe. It felt like home. Like a friend. He wasn't the enemy... he only wanted love.

He was not the enemy.

____________________________________

Author note-

Short but it's something! <3

I think I'll use more of those kind of sounds for the next one shots :)

VOTE!