Chap 23 / Sapeth - nightmares pt. 2

Prompt: Japeth having nightmares pt. 2

___________________________________

SOPHIE POV

Something moved next to me, I opened my eyes tired and looked over my shoulder. Japeth sat up and suddenly started panicking.

"Where am I?" He asked, quickly standing up, looking around.

"Who are you?" He asked, his chest moving heavily.

"What? I'm Sophie- Japeth what's wrong?" I shook my head and sat up.

"No- I don't know you! Why aren't I in my room? Mother will kill me.. The butterflies will hurt me.. They'll bite me.. I don't want that- no.. I need to go back!" Japeth ran to the bathroom door, when he realized it was the wrong one he panicked even more and ripped the other one open.

"Japeth! Wait!" I pulled the blanket off me, grabbed my morning coat and headed outside.

"Japeth! Stop!" I yelled and ran behind him.

"Aric?!" Maybe he can hear me, then I ran around a corner and saw Japeth and Aric in front of me.

"Hey, it's okay.. Japeth, Japeth, calm down.. I'm here." Aric whispered, his hands on Japeth's arms.

"Aric.. why..? Why aren't I home? What is happening? Mother will kill me.. Her.. her butterflies.. Aric.. I don't want it.. I can't.. it hurts.." Japeth cried, shaking.

"I know, Japeth, let's sit down, okay? Come on.." They sat on the floor and I watched what they were doing. Japeth moved his head from one side to another, then Aric carefully grabbed his chin and held his head towards him.

"Japeth, eyes on me.. Eyes on me, it's okay." Aric repeated over and over again while Japeth nodded and kept his eyes on his boyfriend.

"Focus on my hands, okay?" Japeth nodded, stuck breathing in panic.

"Tell me what I'm doing.." He continued.

"Your hands.. your hands are on my cheek.. You move.. you move them to my neck.." Japeth whispered.

"Now, come on, little boy, you can go to sleep. You're safe, okay? Close your eyes, you can sleep.." Aric said and smiled sadly.

"You're safe with me.."

"What.. what about.. about the girl?"

"She.. she's a friend of mine, Japeth, you're safe. Okay?" Japeth nodded, his eyes closed.

I watched the whole scene with worry, what was going on? What is happening to Japeth? 

"Just sleep.. I'll protect you from Evelyn.." Aric mumbled, then Japeth's structure changed, he sat more straightened, moving his shoulders back then he flinched and crawled away from Aric.

"What- what happened? Where am I?" He asked, Aric taking his hand.

"You're in the castle, okay?" Aric said and smiled, then Japeth looked at me.

"She.. she saw.. it?" He asked slowly, looking back at his boyfriend who nodded.

"Fuck.." Japeth stood up, he walked to me.

"You forget what happened, okay?" He said, I nodded but that is not gonna happen, then he left.

I headed to Aric, grabbing him up.

"What happened? What was going on?!" I asked, Aric pulled me aside, breathing out.

"Promise.. to not tell.. anyone." 

"I won't.."

Aric stopped, why didn't he answer?

"Okay.. okay.. You know Evelyn, right?" I nodded in confusion.

"Well, Japeth told me everything about his past.. everything he can.. remember." He took a breath.

"So?"

"He has nightmares about his past and sometimes he wakes up and he's back.. his kidself.. He can't remember what he dreamt of but everytime he is in this.. trance.. Well, he says something about Evelyn's butterflies biting him.." He explained, biting? How?

"But they can only..  listen?"

"Exactly, I think something else happened but he thinks it was butterflies. Japeth has always been scared of butterflies, he never told me why but I assume it has to do something with his mother.. Those.. episodes.. he has, they don't last long but we don't know what will happen if." He finished and looked away, biting his lips.

"Oh.. Was his past that bad?" I asked.

"I don't know, he can't remember his dreams when he wakes up in this state only that he was supposed to be in his room."

"Oh.. oh.. that is.. that is bad.. Why didn't I know anything about it?" I asked.

"Because those episodes don't happen often, and if.. well, I'm here."

"Okay, but why did he know you?"

"We were already friends when those things happened and I helped him back then with the panic attacks he had sometimes." Aric explained and looked worried.

"Oh wow.. I'm..  I'm so sorry.."

"It's okay, whatever.. If Japeth is in your room then let him sleep if not then get me.. Okay?" 

"Yeah of course," I nodded and left for my room. Carefully, I opened the door and saw Japeth sitting on the windowsill that was filled with pillows.

"Hey.." I said softly and watched Japeth looking at me.

"Hey.." he said back, then I walked up to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked and laid my hand on his knees that were pulled to his chest.

"Yeah, I'm fine.." He whispered and looked back out of the window, then we stayed quiet.

____________________________________

Author note-

I have no idea what I wrote but it's good so don't hate me LMAO

VOTE <3