Chap 96 / Evelyn - My life.

MODERN AU (but around the 2005)

Tiktok sound (from the movie 'Don't worry darling'): You were miserable, you hated your life! - it was my life!

Evelyn: 27
Rafal: 35
Japeth/Rhian: 5
Dovey: 28
Lesso: 27
Aric: 7
Vanessa: 26

TW: manipulation, abuse, mention rape and 'abortion', breakdown 

The cursive writing in the text is a voice in Evelyn's head, it's mostly in Rafal's voice
___________________________________

"Misses Sader-Mistral, I'd like to talk with you." The professor said as I followed him into the office. Confused why he took me out of class, I sat on the chair he offered. I pulled my brown hair back.

"What is it?" I asked nervously. I never, and I mean NEVER get called into the 'principal's' office. Since this is a law school, those things don't really exist anymore.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and took out some paperwork. My eyes looked around the room and I shrugged my shoulders.

"How is school? I've heard you are.. a bit stressed. Your grades have fallen, too. Is that true?" He asked, I quickly shook my head. What was going on here?

"Well, you husband, Mr. Mistral has contacted us and mentioned that you're not feeling well. And as the head authority in this school, I obviously have to watch out for my students." He explained and closed the paper envelope again. I smiled a little, nervously, awkwardly.

With my hands on my legs, my left leg started shaking. I knew what was happening.

"Well, I am fine, sir. My grades are just currently a bit down, but.. I can handle that! I'm a straight A student." I quickly explained, feeling my breath trembling.

"I understand that, but your husband's word comes first in those situations. You have children at home too. They need their mother."

"But I'm with three other women, the only female with straight A grades, sir. It will ruin your reputation." I tried without looking into his eyes. He scoffed.

"I think I can handle that little bit, Evelyn. You are dismissed, in a few days you can come and take your things with you if you don't want to do it now, since you also probably want to say bye to your friends." He said. I nodded.. and left the room.

How could Rafal do that to me..? Why would he do that to me..

Heading out of the school, the rain hit me quite suddenly. I gasped and stopped, the cold water running over my hair and my clothes. Pulling the hood of my blue jacket over my head, I crossed my arms in front of my chest and walked away.

Why would he do that? Going to law school has been my dream since I was a child. It helped so much to regulate my feelings and my thoughts of others because I always tried to find the reason for someone's actions, I tried to help them with being organized about a fight or just a discussion. Even in politics class in high school, I was the best student because I was able to give reasons to every argument I did. I explained and learned and tried to stay updated.

In debate class, I was the best. Nobody was able to beat me yet they tried. The teachers always said I could be a lawyer one day, the female ones at least did. And my brother too.

But Rafal had to ruin it. Why?! What have I done to deserve this? I was a good student. I was in law school with a scholarship because I was an orphan. But I started going to a job over the last year. Sure, Rafal was the main money entrance with him being principal of a fucking high school.

But ruining my dreams didn't help him at all. It was my dream. Mine! I birthed two children to him, one copying him and the other is a copy of him but he doesn't care for them. They were five years old, he brought them to kindergarten and that was it. He doesn't do anything with them because he doesn't care.