Chap 79 / Japeth - scarred for life

MOVIE SCENE: Kung Fu Panda 2

BOOK 6 spoilers (not book accurate tho)

TW: blades, blood, major death (!), detailed death (!)
____________________________________

Tedros held Excalibur against my throat, he held it tight and strong against me. My head down, I still looked up a bit, locking my eyes with Sophie. She looked at me for a moment but then turned her head.

"It was the last time you won." Tedros said and pressed the cold blade harder against me.

"Teddy, why don't you stop being so harsh-" Sophie started but Tedros shushed her down.

"Shut up, Sophie. He deserves to die. Any last words?" Tedros scoffed while I sighed.

"How did you find peace?" I whispered and looked up at him. His blond hair falling over his eyes.

My chin was quivering and I felt my heart sank but still.. somehow I knew exactly what to say.

"I took away your kingdom, everything.." I kept going, Tedros loosened his grip around the sword and also the blade against my throat.

"I.. I scared you for life." I whispered. I heard Agatha trying to tell Tedros to stop but I had him right where I needed him.

"Scars heal, Japeth." He answered and sighed. I shook my head.

"No.. no, they don't. Wounds heal." I mumbled with a shaking voice.

"Oh, yea. Scars fade, I guess." Tedros said with an eye roll and looked back at me.

If he could just.. just let it happen.

"I don't care what scars do!" I said louder now, trying to push him. Trying to make him do it.

"Japeth, come on.. just.. I-" Sophie started but I shook my head, pressing my throat a bit closer against the metal.

If I die now... I have Aric back. I'll have him back in my arms. I can be happy again.

I felt slowly how the sharp side slid along my skin. Warm blood dripped down my neck but the moment I felt my eyes close a little bit..

Cold arms wrapped around my torso and I let the darkness take over me. It felt so careless and free.

"NO- TEDROS-" I heard somewhere far away but I let the hands that had grabbed me take me with them..

-

"He died, Rhian!" I yelled and pushed my brother away, he scoffed and looked at me.

"I don't care if he died! He was an asshole anyway!" He yelled back at me. I shook my head and grabbed into my hair, holding it tightly. Then I crouched down and exhaled.

Rhian leaned down to me.

"It's your own fucking fault, that he died!" He yelled, I flinched and held my head between my legs and breathed in heavily.

"It's your fault! IT'S YOUR OWN GODDAMN FAULT!" He repeated over and over again.

"Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!" I yelled, my scims flying out and pushing Rhian away.

The ground was vibrating beneath me.

"You have no right to say that! You have no idea what happened!" I screamed and let my scims cut him slightly.

"Somebody has to! BECAUSE YOU KEEP BEING A DUMB FUCK!" He screamed back, pushing against my scims and trying to overcome them.

I screamed again and the scims pushed him fully away from me, throwing him against the wall.

Heading out of the room, I left him in the room and speeded out.

With my hands around my body, I hid in the big hall that is supposed to be my room.

Tears running down my face, I thought about all the moments with Aric. The fights but also the sweet times.

I thought about the time we've spent together in the caves or at the school. I thought and missed him.

I just wanted some more time with him, some more moments and some more touches and kisses.

But I knew I couldn't get that all. It was all gone and all dead. It was buried beneath all the feelings I have inside me..

Buried because I couldn't move on. Buried because all I ever had was him and nobody else. And if I don't bury it, it will kill me one day.

____________________________________

Author note-

Not the end just a small chapter, I like it :)

VOTE <3