Chap 64 / Japeth - Dovey's death

Japeth kills Dovey (this is more of a dialogue-only scene)

TW: major death, blood,

__________________________________

"Oh, come on Clarissa." Japeth sighed and looked at the woman, she was sitting on the ground, her ankles tight up, she looked at the boy and exhaled.

"Don't do this, Japeth, you know better.." She whispered but Japeth shook his head.

"I need to kill you, your students need to break and you're just the right one." He explained and smirked. 

"You don't have to.." She whispered and kept her eyes on the boy, he was walking around.

"Please, Japeth.."

"Stop it, for fucks sake!" Japeth snapped and the professor flinched together at his loud voice.

"You can't kill me.." She mumbled.

"I can and I will, so shut up." 

"Japeth, no.. Give me.. five minutes! Please." She asked and breathed heavily, her chest in the corset moving up and down.

"Alright, five minutes. I'm listening." The redhead said and crossed his arms before his chest. He waited for her to talk.

"Look, I know what you've been through and I know what you lost.. I get that. I do, but killing everyone won't bring him back, Japeth." She started, Japeth douched down and looked at her.

"Sorry, how would you know that? Are you trying to emphasize with me because it's not working." Japeth chuckled.

"You're not a bad person.. you're just hurt. And I can see it.." Clarissa whispered, her chin quivering.

"Bullshit." Japeth whispered back, leaning in then he stood back up.

"Your mother is dead and you killed your brother, you're all alone.. bringing back Aric won't fill the emptiness inside you. You need to forgive."

"I don't. I'm craving revenge." He said, walking away from her.

"And it will kill you, not help.. you will lose yourself in the anger and you will kill yourself, Japeth."

"It won't, don't worry."

"I'm not worried, I'm sad. You could be a good king, the people would love you.. but not this Japeth, they would love the Japeth I knew." She said and looked at him with a sad smile.

"I am NOT THAT JAPETH ANYMORE!" He yelled and turned to the woman, she flinched.

"That Japeth doesn't exist no more, I killed him the day I found Aric. Now I'm keeping the promise I made to you." Japeth said and smiled manically.

The professor was looking down, holding back the tears.

"I know he does.. Somewhere inside you, you couldn't kill him, Japeth, your eyes still have that hope inside them.." Dovey whispered and sniffed.

"You want to kill me, please.. go ahead. It will lead you nowhere, it will bring you no peace. No clear mind. It won't end." She said, still smiling.

Japeth walked back to her, douched down and grabbed her chin. She gasped slightly, tears running down her face, her eyes glassy.

"I will enjoy killing you." He whispered and looked into her brown eyes.

"Then.. so it will be."

"One last wish, fairy." Dovey, surprised looked at the boy.

"Of course.."

"When you die, I wish.. that Lesso will hold you in her arms, waiting for you to cross over. She should kiss you and welcome you, and then.. you will find Aric and tell him that I will come and I will bring him home." Japeth said, Dovey was crying heavily while Japeth scoffed and stood up.

"You still love me.." Clarissa whispered in relief.

"I don't, Clarissa.. but I want you to be happy, just like I will be." He explained and turned away from her.

"So, I will tell the others how I killed you.. I will them that you were smiling, tears running down your face and you were smiling. I will tell them how I moved my hand as my scim flew over to you and I will tell them that you gasped in relief but also in pain. They will know that you are where you're meant to be.. and," He turned back to her.

Dovey was holding her bleeding stomach. Her eyes closed, she breathed her last breath, still with a smile on her lips. She let the pain slowly take her, carefully as if it wasn't reality but just a bad dream..

"See, I still love you.." Japeth whispered, then he left.

____________________________________

Author note-

I'm having a writing blockade, please don't hate me :(

VOTE <3