Chap 88 / Sapeth - Line without a hook

SONG: line without a hook - Ricky Montgomery (this song is just an inspiration to the fic!)

Gavaldon AU

Japeth/Rhian: 6
Sophie: 5
Aric: 7
Filip: 8

TW: abuse, slurs!!
____________________________________

Family Dinner. With a sigh, Japeth put in his clothes his mother had laid out for him. It was jeans and a white shirt. He wondered why she'd chosen a white shirt when she knew he'd probably go outside and come back covered in dirt. But whatever, Japeth did as his mother said since Rhian will be better anyway, he didn't want his mother to be pissed at him.

-

Meanwhile Sophie did the same. She put on a pink dress, and her mother made herself for her. Sophie took a few of her mother's clippers and put them into her hair. It fit the dress pretty well, so she smiled into the mirror and danced around a little.

"Sophie! Stop that, you'll ruin your dress." Her mother yelled from the bathroom that had a good view into Sophie's room. The little girl stopped moving around and walked to her mother who rolled her eyes at her daughter.

"We will have the Saders over today and your dad with Filip is coming too, behave kindly and don't be loud." Vanessa claimed while fixing a button on Sophie's dress. Sophie nodded and sat down on the couch, waiting for the others too arrive.

She was supposed to meet the twins today, Rhian and Japeth. Her mother loved Rhian while she always said bad things about Japeth, so Sophie was ready to play with Rhian but not with Japeth. Just as her mother told her to.

-

Japeth waited for his mother and brother to finish talking and fixing hair and clothes. Then finally, they made their way to Vanessa. The house was small and cozy, at least from the outside. It also had a big garden but it was completely empty.

"You're not allowed to play with Sophie." Rhian whispered to Japeth and pushed him slightly. Japeth looked quietly at his brother.

"Why not?" He asked then while picking some flowers.

"Because she's my friend. Not yours." Rhian claimed, then he kicked the flowers away from Japeth's fingers and hopped to Evelyn. Japeth rolled his eyes. Of course Rhian was friends with Sophie, she was Vanessa's daughter.. Who else would be friends with her anyway? She's probably as mean as her too.

Japeth had seen Sophie only a few times in a shop or in the bookshop when Evelyn bought some new paper, so he didn't know much about her but that she had blonde her and was really active though her mother tells her to stop.

They knocked at the house and Vanessa opened them with a bright, fake smile. Vanessa and Evelyn hugged, then the boys got pushed in.

Rhian immediately ran to the table and looked over the food, grabbing the potatoes. Evelyn snatched his hand away and rolled her eyes. Then she pulled him with her to Sophie. But Sophie had found her focus on Japeth. He was sitting silently at the table and listened to Filip talking.

Sophie admired his messy red hair. Not like Rhian, clean and nicely done. Filip laughed and ruffled through Japeth's hair, who pulled back and cleared his throat.

"Sophie, darling, this is Rhian." Vanessa snapped in front of Sophie's face and covered her view to Japeth by standing right in front of her. 

"Hello." Sophie mumbled. Rhian smiled and grabbed Sophie harshly, she wanted to pull her hand out of his grip but Rhian held her tightly.

"Can you let go of me? You're hurting me." Sophie mumbled and tried to push Rhian away. Vanessa slightly slapped Sophie's head.

"That means he likes you, dear. Go play with him." Vanessa said and laughed while sitting down with Evelyn.