Chap 30 / Sophie - I did.

Prompt: Sophie and Stefan having an argument (Filip is Sophie's older half-brother and not Sophie as a boy!)

____________________________________

SOPHIE POV

The house was quiet. Why wasn't anyone home yet? It was already late at night and they said they'll be back by now.

I exhaled and sat down at the table, cutting cucumbers for my face mask as the door opened.

Dad walked in with Honora, they were arguing with Filip, I looked up but they didn't notice me.

"You treat Sophie like shit!" Filip said while Honora sighed.

"He is trying his best, Fil!" She said back.

"He shouldn't try to love his own goddamn daughter!" Filip yelled and threw his hands into the air.

"Filip, I get you want to be on her side- but.. but I..  I've been trying and trying! Okay?! I'm tired! Why couldn't she be more like Belle? Hm? Why can't she just be.. not like her mother?!" Dad said loudly, my chin quivering.

Why can't I?

"You should love her for what she is! Why can't you love her?!" Filip yelled back and scoffed.

"I've been trying!"

"You're not trying enough!" Filip yelled and ripped the door to my door open, then they looked at me. Sitting at the table.

"Sophie-" Dad started, I put the knife down with a loud thump.

"Don't." I said, stood up and went to my room without any other word.

"Sophie-" He started again but I exhaled, holding back my anger, the pain, the tears.

"Just leave it."

"I'm sorry- I didn't mean.. I didn't know you were here-"

"I said leave it! I don't fucking care!" I yelled and exhaled again. Filip looked down, his blond hair falling over his eyes.

We were almost identical, funny thing, 'cause Honora was dark haired and my dad was too. 

"You don't fucking care, dad. You don't try. You want me to be different?! To look like Honora? An old hag?! Okay! Okay! I want you to be more beautiful then. Go and build up muscles. Shave your face, take care of your skin! Wear your hair so people CAN ACTUALLY LOOK AT IT!" I yelled and everyone flinched.

"Sophie-"

"I'm not done." I turned to Honora as she said my name.

"You want me to help you? Why don't you help me? Why don't teach me how to braid my hair, how to make flower crowns?" I looked back at my dad.

"And Why don't YOU spend time with me, ask me about my day? Why don't YOU show interest in the things I like?! Why do I have to change?" I tilted my head.

Dad looked to the floor, guilty.

"You're trying to change me and help me with things that I don't need to be helped with. You want me to be the perfect daughter. But you don't want ME." I spit out and sniffed. Filip looked up at me.

"You don't try to be the perfect father to ME. Why do I have to?!" I said, breathing heavily.

"You always, always preferred Filip. You ALWAYS preferred the boys. Am I nothing to you? Am I not your daughter?" I said, tears filling my eyes.

"Sophie-"

"NO! NO! THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU! THIS IS ABOUT ME! This is about what I did! This is about how I felt! This is about you abandoning ME. I was the one left behind. I was the one you couldn't bare an eye on. I was the one crying in the bed every night after mom died because YOU DIDN'T TAKE CARE OF ME. You didn't do YOUR job." I stopped. Breathed in. Let the words sink in.

This is about how you decided to not be my father anymore. This is about how you weren't there. This is about how you didn't fucking rais me."

"I did." Break.

"Filip did." Break.

"But. Not. You." I whispered. 

I pressed my finger against my dad's chest. He was crying, tears running down his old face. Grey hair, wrinkles all around his face, almost not noticeable.

"I am sorry.." He whispered back.

"It's too late for that."

"No, Sophie.. I mean it. I'm sorry!" He tried again.

"I don't care." I shook my head.

"I don't care." My voice soft, calming. Then I turned around and I left.

____________________________________

Author note-

Little vent oopsie.. I had tears in my eyes writing this cause it's more about experience and what I feel towards my dad (cause he's an asshole), so please no hate about that it doesn't fit Sophie. :)

Vote<3