Chap 63 / Jaric - shut up

So basically, my headcanon is that Aric was the one who never talks while Japeth loved it until like smth happened and it seemed like they 'switched' personalities, and this oneshot is like about this so yeah idk but it's bad 

Japeth: 9
Aric: 10
Filip: 12
Sophie: 8
____________________________________

"So, my scims are basically everything. I can do whatever I want to do with them! The only way to 'kill' them, which I'd never do! Is to burn them." Japeth said excitedly and looked around through his friends.

Sophie was wearing her cucumber face mask, Filip was eating a piece of bread and Aric just sat there listening to his best friend.

He usually loved listening to him about his favorite things, when Japeth is talking way too fast and trips over his words or when he's showing the information he read to make clear that it is written down and he didn't make it up.

But today, Aric felt annoyed. His head was hurting and everything was too loud and bright.

"I couldn't cook with them but if I train a bit I'd be able to use them for.. parkour or something like that!" Japeth said, jumping up a bit. Sophie was smiling and listening to him.

"My god, can please just shut up for a moment!" Aric called out loudly, interrupting Japeth. He flinched, and sat back down, his book in his lap, he looked at Aric with a shocked face that quickly changed to emotionless.

"Yeah.. sure." The redhead said and looked away. Filip raised his eyebrows, trying to hide the amusement he was feeling.

Sophie was just confused about what just happened and kept putting on her mask.

"I- I'm sorry, Japeth.. I feel so well, that's all.." Aric said and tried to reach after Japeth's hand but he pulled it away.

"No, it's fine.." The redhead mumbled and smiled almost unrecognizable.

Aric knew that Japeth's friend group were the only ones Japeth could talk with about anything without getting judged or not listened to because his mother mostly shut him down or ignored him while Rhian spent his time yelling at him or hurting him.

Aric felt bad.

"Hey, come on.. we were all listening, Japeth. What else can you do with your scims?" Filip asked nicely but he knew it won't change anything now.

"No, no, it's okay.. Sophie, can you make me a face mask too?" Japeth just asked and turned around to the blonde girl. She nodded and smiled.

With a bright smile, Sophie started explaining why face masks were important and how to put them on correctly. Filip rolled his eyes, Aric pulled his knees to his chest and exhaled.

The day went by, Sophie and Filip were the first ones to leave their place. Japeth and Aric stayed a little longer.

"I really didn't mean to snap at you, Japeth.." He said and bit his lips.

"Aric, it's fine. Don't worry." Japeth mumbled and wanted to stand up but Aric grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.

"But I do worry.. I know what is going on at your house.. I think I made you feel like.. well, like you can't talk here either.. but it's not true." Aric tried and looked at his boyfriend.

"Well, that's new.." Japeth mumbled.

"What?" Aric asked.

"Did you practice with your mother?" Aric nodded quietly. Japeth knew Aric was different from other kids, he had a struggle focusing, expressing his emotions in a way people would understand and more. Him and Sophie were really similar, the only thing they have different is that Aric had a supportive home.

"Well, that's great.. But.. I need to go now, it's getting late." Japeth said, then he stood up again and left.

Aric was alone. He felt bad. His reaction to Japeth talking wasn't wrong, he knows that but he would have expressed it differently.

He walked home, feeling his eyes fill with tears, when he arrived at his door, he opened it and took off his shoes.

Lesso walked out of the kitchen and saw her son with tears running down his face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked and pulled him into a hug. Aric hugged his mother back and pinched slightly into her top.

"I.." He gasped for air, crying heavily.

"I yelled at Japeth.." He mumbled and let his mother hold him. Lesso stroked his hair and douched down.

"You two will talk about it when he's ready, okay?" Lesso said and smiled, Aric nodded and sniffed.

Aric knew his mother was right but he still felt so bad.. he just wanted to apologize and that Japeth forgave him!

He didn't mean to yell at him..

____________________________________

Author note-

I don't like this chapter

VOTE